eight

"Obadiah and his damn bowling ball head can honest to god just go to hell,"

The comment from Audelia grew a laugh out of Tony as he situated the last portion of the suit's boots onto his feet. Deli stood at one of the many lab tables, going through the last of the numbers and looking over the suit specs to make sure everything is in order.

"It's not him, per-say, Dell. It's the board-"

"Well the board can shove it up their asses," Deli cut off, grabbing onto the chest plate and walked over to Tony, fastening it onto him as she looked up at her best friend. "They all need to realize that Stark Industries wouldn't even be a fraction of what it is without you and all your hard work-"

"And yours,"

"-and if they want to lock us both out then they need to get their heads out of their asses and realize what they're doing," Deli finished off, raising an eyebrow at Tony as she stepped back, allowing him to take his position on the concrete floor of the lab. "By the way, still pissed you did the first flight test without me."

"Don't go on dates with Weighty Nate then-"

"Tony-"

"What! He's put on a couple pounds, that all I'm saying," Tony shot her a wink, coupled with his famous Stark smirk, before completely taking his position. "Jarvis, let's go."

Deli stood back, biting her nails as she anxiously watched as Jarvis activated, putting the last few bits and pieces of the outer layer of the suit onto Tony. He reached down, grabbing the mask from the table and placing it onto his face.

Taking the cue, Deli moved behind the main computer control station and slipped her earpiece into her ear, activating it and the screens before her as she got a live feed through Tony's helmet.

"Engage head's up display," Tony asked Jarvis to do as Deli moved about, checking the key system operations.

"Do a virtual walk around and do a check on control surfaces," Deli told the AI as he calculated all of the necessary operations. She peaked her head up from around the computers, a grin settling on her lips as she watched Tony's suit.

All of the nuts, bolts, and pieces of the suit shifted around in place, moving together like puzzle pieces as they formed against Tony's body. From the legs, to the body, to the arms, all of the pieces molded together until it was almost as if the suit and him were one with each other. As the final bolt settled into place, the suit turned to face Deli, and she could practically hear the smirk in her best friend's voice.

"She's all good to me, I say we make you one now,"

"That's a conversation for a later date," Audelia shot back with a smile as she moved back to the control center. "Alright, the test is complete. We'll prepare for power down so we can run diagnostics-"

"Um, yeah, about that...Jarvis do a weather and ATC check, start listening in on ground control,"

Deli's head shot up, her eyes wide as she stepped out from behind the desk, shaking her head frantically.