one hundred eleven

Nathan Porter couldn't shake the feeling of dread as he sat in the quiet living room of the compound, just staring at the news as it played before him

Nathan Porter couldn't shake the feeling of dread as he sat in the quiet living room of the compound, just staring at the news as it played before him. The feeling of dread only intensified as the death toll rose around the world right before his eyes, reminding him that Thanos had won.

Part of him wanted to go into the other room, where Audelia and Pepper were spending time with Aurora, who had begun to have more and more nightmares as she processed what had happened. He knew that Deli needed space, something to distract her from the thought of Tony being out there all alone. He knew Aurora was the perfect distraction.

His coffee cup on the table began to shake, a rattling noise ringing out around the room. He sat up straight, looking around as he tried to figure out where it was coming from or what was causing it.

Until Natasha came running into the doorway, out of breath as she looked at him. Nathan's eyes widened as he rushed to his feet, following her out the door as he realized what was going on before them.

Nathan came to a stop beside Steve out into the open field just beyond the compound, Natasha, Rhodey, Rocket and Bruce not far behind them. The cool night breeze ran through them as they looked up into the sky, Carol Danvers descending from above with a ship cradled above her head. She landed, placing the ship onto the ground as she looked back at the others with a smile.

Nebula cradled Tony on her arm as the ramp of the ship opened, helping the fragile man take a few steps. Nathan ran ahead, leaving Steve behind in the dust as he met Nebula a the bottom of the ramp, happily taking Tony into his arms instead as he helped him stand.

"Tony..." Nathan let out a small laugh, letting a tear drop as he brought the man into a hug. "Oh god, Tony."

Nebula sat down on the steps of the ramp, Rocket joining her in the background as they mourned the loss of their friends together. Tony's weak arms wrapped themselves around Nathan, giving him a small pat on the back.

"Never thought I'd be happy to see you, Nater Tot,"

Steve was next up to their side, grabbing onto the other side of his old friend as they helped him take a few more steps off the ramp. Tony looked up at Steve, sorrow written over his tired face.

"I couldn't stop him,"

"Neither could we,"

"I..." Tony trailed off, swallowing the lump in his throat as his mind was plagued by the memories just a month ago. "I lost the kid."

Steve and Nathan shared a look, sorrow written on their faces as Nathan turned back to Tony.

"Tony...we lost,"

Tony stared at them both for a moment, trying to find his words.

"Is...um, is-"

"Daddy!"