ninety-nine

2 YEARS LATER

YEARS LATER

"Slow down, slow down! I'm totally not kidding,"

The park, just on the outskirts of the inner city of New York, was bustling with people in early afternoon. Families out for walks, couples relaxing and having picnics, plenty of bike riders and joggers thrown about. Among them were Tony Stark and his fiance, Audelia Motter, jogging side by side through the crowds of people as Deli laughed at the comments coming from her best friend's mouth.

"You're totally rambling-"

"I am not-"

"You've lost me-"

"Just, hear me out," Audelia gave in as Tony placed a hand on her shoulder, bringing them to a stop in the middle of the park as she turned to look back at him. "Look, you know how you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee?"

"...yes?"

"Okay, and then you're like, 'Oh my god, there's no bathroom, what am I gonna do?', 'Oh! Someone's watching,' ''m gonna go in my pants,'"

"Yes..." Audelia trailed off, still completely lost on where this was going. "Then when you wake up in real life, you actually have to pee. Everybody has that, Tone."

"See, that's my point!" Tony grabbed onto her hands, trying to find the right way to phrase what he was about to say. "Apropos of that, last night, I dreamt, we had a kid. So real. We named her after your mother. Uh, what was her middle name?"

"Morgan. Elizabeth Morgan Motter," the woman held a small smile as she looked at Tony, realizing where he was going with this. "So you woke up, and thought that we were expecting?"

"Yes," Tony breathed a sigh of relief, looking at her hopefully. "Come on, tell me I'm right. Aurora would love a little sibling to torture with obscure internet facts."

"And as much as I want to give her that and have a child with you, we are not," Deli let out a small chuckle at the defeated look on Tony's face. She grabbed hold of his hand as they began to walk a little bit down the sidewalk. "Tony, I would love nothing more than that. But I'm not as young as I was when I had Aurora, there are more complications now."

"Audelia, you're barely a day over forty,"

"No, I actually am over the age of forty which makes getting pregnant and incredibly high risk," she sighed as she mulled over the idea for a moment before turning to Tony, tapping the detachable arc reactor sitting on his chest. "If you really wanted to have a child, you definitely wouldn't have done that. We're retired."

"I'm glad you brought this up, 'cause it's nothing. It's just a housing unit for nano particles," Tony then made a gesture at the necklace hanging around Deli's neck. "You're one to talk, making that!"