chapter eighteen.

donghyuck and renjun are on their way to the former's mansion. the trip is silent, only their breathing can be heard.

renjun fidgets on his fingers. he suddenly speaks, "hyung, i finally get out of that place forever. she told me she's sick of me anyway. i'm moving in with you."

"yes, you already told me," donghyuck calmly says. "i'm really sorry, i shouldn't have bring you back there. it's my fault."

renjun begins to cry again. "sh-she saw the hickeys on my neck and she... she called me a whore and slut. she told me i'm worthless and no one deserves to love me. she also told me she tried to kill me before. i was angry!" he sobs, "i hate her so much. dad shouldn't have married that monster of a woman."

"injun, calm down!" donghyuck carresses his thigh, holding the steering wheel with one hand. "you're worthy, you're loved, you're beautiful, you're important and you matter. you deserve to be loved by everyone!" he tells him. "don't listen to her, okay? you're precious," he reassures, eyes still on the road but he's squeezing the younger's thigh.

renjun sniffs and wipes off his tears using the back of his hand. "i can't imagine my life without you now that you're part of me. i don't deserve you."

donghyuck stops the car at the side of the road and looks at renjun. "look at me, renjun." the younger stares at his eyes, his own a bit puffy. "listen, baby. i'm not forcing you to think you deserve me. but as long as you need me, i'm always here for you. you're good enough and you deserve the best. do you understand?"

the younger doesn't reply to that and just hugs him. "i know we've only met each other few days ago, but i found the reason why i want to live longer, and it's you, haechan hyung. you make me so happy and feel secured whenever i'm with you. i don't usually trust anyone but i trust you easily that i fully gave my entire self to you. i hope you know that i'm also here for you and we can tell each other anything. we definitely deserve each other. i love you so much, lee donghyuck."

donghyuck felt like he just melts because of renjun's words. he smiles and pulls away from the hug then kisses him on the forehead, "i love you too, so much, huang renjun."

~~~

they enter the mansion and the two servants greet them. donghyuck just smiles slightly but renjun waves at them, smiling widely.

"welcome back, mr. lee! welcome back, renjun!" yujin and jinyoung both say. "dinner is ready, sir."

"we'll eat later. for now, yujin-ssi, please prepare hot water for renjun's shower." donghyuck says and the female servant nods, following his orders immediately. "and jinyoung-ssi, can i ask you a favor?"

"yes, sir." jinyoung nods.

"i want you to buy some snacks and beverages from the convenience store, please."

"what snacks, sir?" the male servant asks.

"anything you desire, it's up to you." donghyuck grabs his wallet from the pocket of his pants. he picks up money from inside and gives it to male servant, "here. you can also buy some cup noodles if you like."

despite being confused, jinyoung nods, "okay, sir! be right on it."

"alright."

jinyoung walks to the front door and exits the mansion.

"hyung, can i share these strawberries with yujin-ssi?" renjun suddenly speaks, holding the plastic bag of stawberry fruits.