chapter sixteen.

[!] tw // slight abuse, mention of death
-

"renjun! oh my god, you made me worried sick." hyekyung runs towards renjun and suddenly hugs him. he was surprised by the gesture so he pushes her away.

"don't touch me!" he exclaims.

his stepmother turns to donghyuck then raises an eyebrow, "who is this?"

"good day, ma'am! i'm donghyuck, renjun's friend. i apologize on behalf of him," he politely says, bowing 45 degrees at her.

"where have you been, huang renjun? i've been looking for you since yesterday. did you sneak out of the house?" hyekyung doesn't need to say it out loud for the neighborhood to hear, renjun is humiliated enough.

"i'm sorry." that's all renjun said.

"why did you do that?" she calmly says, trying her best not to raise her voice because she knows his 'friend' is watching, she doesn't want to look bad.

renjun didn't reply, though. he just stares at the ground, fidgetting on his fingers. he wishes he doesn't get abused again once they get inside the house.

"i'll be going now, ma'am." donghyuck suddenly interrupted, bowing slightly at her then looks at the younger. "renjun, bye!"

renjun turns to his boyfriend, his eyes crystalized, telling him to help him, telling him to get him out of this place again. but donghyuck doesn't notice it.

he watches as the older gets inside his car and drives away. there goes his anxiety again, the thought of getting abused makes him sick. he just wants to stay with donghyuck forever.

hyekyung grabs the collar of his shirt and drags him inside of their house. she pushes her on the couch, his back hitting against the wall. he hisses due to pain as he glares at her.

donghyuck was wrong. hyekyung will definitely scold him.

"tell me, huang renjun, where have you been?" she yells, "you did sneak out last night, didn't you? you even called your pretty boyfriend to pick you up, huh?"

still, renjun didn't answer. he just stares at nothing, his heart is beating faster than normal and his skin is sweating so hard. he clenches his fists behind his back.

"you're not answering, are you?" hyekyung chuckles. she tilts his head when she sees a red bruise on his neck. "renjun-ssi, is that a hickey?" she smirks.

renjun widen his eyes upon realizing and then quickly covers it with his palm. "i-it's not," he stutters.

"so, you stayed with your 'friend', huh? what's his name—donghyuck?" hyekyung walks towards him and he pushes his head down. she kneels in front of him to pull the collar of his shirt, and he quickly swat away her hand. "you whore! you're letting someone give you hickeys. what a slut!" she laughs. "you're an idiot, you know that? no one deserves you. no one deserves to love you because you're worthless!"

renjun wants to fucking cry, but he stays silent. he sighs heavily, trying his best to prevent his tears from falling down his cheeks. he's not worthless.

"your mom left you because she realized you're not actually worthy of her. she realized that her only child doesn't give her any benefits. that's why she left you." hyekyung stands up and licks his lips unconsciously.

renjun closes his eyes tightly. "stop, p-please." his voice cracks for wanting to cry so bad.

hyekyung pouts teasingly, "poor boy!" she laughs but her laugh fades away immediately, her face expression turning into serious. "you know what, i can still fucking remember how you just watched my son die in front of your eyes. it's you who should be in his place, not him. you should be the one died, not him!" she yells the last sentence.

"it's not my fault, it's yours! you let him drink the muriatic acid, not me," renjun replies, finally gaining some confidence.

"the drink was supposed to be for you, not him. you fucking switched the glasses!" hyekyung groans.

renjun couldn't believe what he just heard. "y-you wanted me to die?" he shockingly asks, "what kind of a person are you?" he yells, panting as his fist are still clenched.

hyekyung chuckles, smirking, "yes, because i hate you!"

"well, i hate you more!" he sighs heavily, "and you're right, i deserve to be the one in your son's place, because as you stated, i'm worthless. finally something i agreed with you on."

"you're becoming confident, aren't you?" hyekyung suddenly slaps his face. he gets startle and holds his cheek that was slapped on. "get out of this house! i'm fucking sick of you anyway. go back to your boyfriend and never come back here, you fucking slut!"

"i will definitely get out of this house and will definitely never come back. finally, thank you!" renjun stamps his feet on the ground as he gets up from the couch. he runs towards his room and slams the door loudly.

"stupid bitch," hyekyung mumbles, kicking the couch.
-

A/N

renjun, i'm sorry :-(((