chapter ten.

heart beating so fast, skin feeling cold and he couldn't breathe. he needs to get out of this freaking classroom before he cries himself out.

everyone is staring at him as he stands in front of the class. he's about to report a presentation today and even though he knows he's prepared, he still thinks he might disappoint them.

"mr. huang, you can start when you're ready," the professor informs calmly, looking at him with a smile on his face.

he gulps and sighs heavily. i can do this!

"hello! good morning, everyone! today, i'm going to present a topic about what's going in our society in terms of equality and equity. without further ado, let's start!" he mentally pats his shoulder for himself, smiling. keep going, renjun, you're doing good.

after his report, his classmates applaud and his professor's just smiling the whole time. renjun smiles slightly, more to himself, and goes back to his seat.

he blows air, sighing of relief. "success!"

"you did great, mr. huang! thank you for the wonderful presentation," the professor compliments him and he just nods.

~~~

sadness comes after happiness when he got scolded by the last professor before lunch break. they did a quiz and he got the lowest score, causing the professor to rip his paper, made him stand in front and order him to explain why he got such low score.

he didn't speak. he just stood there, feeling suffocated by the stares of his classmates. some are just lazily staring him and some had worried look, but there are few who didn't even look at him.

he hates that class so much. they're just nice because they need something from him. they're just nice because someone told them to be nice to him.

he's currently running towards the back of the school, ignoring the guard's protest as usual as he exits the school. he sits on his usual spot and unclings his bag from his shoulder.

he grabs another razor blade from the pocket of his bag and lifts the sleeve of his sweatshirt. the cuts he made the last time wasn't healed yet but he adds some more cuts, ignoring the pain he's feeling. it's no compare to what he's feeling right now.

"god, i wanna die right now!" he screams and throws away the blade somewhere. he groans before pulling down the sleeve to hide the newly fresh cuts.

he hugs his knees and cries himself out. he's tired of everything. interacting with people makes him want to punch himself to death.

"renjun! oh my god, what happened?"

he lifts his head up when he heard a familiar voice. he smiles sadly when he sees it's donghyuck. "hyung, please, get me out of here."

donghyuck nods and carries renjun in a bridal style. they reach his car and he opens the door to the back seat. he gently makes renjun sit.

he closes the door before walking to the door of driver's seat, opens it and gets inside.

"can we go to the bar? i wanna drink," renjun states and donghyuck just nods before starting to drive.

"strawberries." donghyuck grabs the plastic of strawberry fruits then gives it to renjun. the latter accepts it and grabs one and eats it silently. "you cut yourself again, didn't you?" he asks, one hand holding the steering wheel.

"i did," the younger replies lowly, but loud for the older to hear.

"what happened? if you don't mind me asking."

he sighs. "i got 2 out of 15 in a quiz, it's not a big deal for me actually. but then our professor decided to tear off my paper and shamed me in front of everybody." he gritted his teeth, "i hope he gets his license suspended."

donghyuck clicks his tongue, looking at him at the rear-view mirror. "next time it happens, tell me and i won't hesitate to report your professor."

he shakes his head, "you don't have to do that, i'm okay."

"no, you're not okay. you hurt yourself again!" donghyuck realizes he raised his voice, he widen his eyes and apologizes, "i'm sorry."

"it's my body, i can do whatever i want!" renjun answers back.

"it is your body, but that's not a reason for you to cut your skin. heck, renjun! if you die, how about your love ones? what are they gonna think? stop being selfish!" donghyuck parks the car at the side of the road and turns to look at the younger.

renjun clenches his fist, tears starting to fall down his cheeks. "i don't wanna suffer anymore. i just want to live peacefully." he starts to sobs, "i'm so sick of everything!"

"renjun, come here." donghyuck gestures him to come over.

sniffling, renjun steps on the passenger's seat and let himself be wrapped by donghyuck's arms. he suddenly feels relaxed and soon, he stops crying.

"please take me, donghyuck hyung."

donghyuck creases his forehead, wiping renjun's tears off. "what do you mean?"

"make me yours."
-