chapter three.

donghyuck enters his mansion with his cold expression, his servants greet him but he ignores them as always.

he goes upstairs and immediately enters his bedroom as soon as he reaches the hallway. he closes the door before flopping himself on the bed.

he immediately gets up and sits on the bed, opening the drawer of his bedside table then grabs a stick of cigarette and a lighter.

he illuminates his cigarette before putting it in his lips inhaling some smoke then blowing it out of his mouth. he then licks his lips, putting back the lighter into the drawer.

he suddenly thinks about the teenager named renjun. he wants to help him, but how is he supposed to do that if he couldn't help himself instead?

he chuckles at his thought and shakes his head. that's stupid, donghyuck.

suddenly, a knock can be heard on the door. "mr. lee, dinner's ready!"

he glares at the door and sticks his tongue on the inside of his cheek. "i'll eat later."

"okay, mr. lee!"

he quickly inhales his cigarette before throwing the remains in the ash tray, which is on the bedside table. he exhales the smoke before laying on his bed again and closes his eyes.

can i just disappear?

~~~

as usual, renjun skips class, going to the back exit where he encounters donghyuck again.

"here, a razor blade," donghyuck offers and renjun looks at him like he's offended.

"excuse me?" he raises an eyebrow.

"well, i heard you crying you wanna die. why don't you do it now? do you want me to join you?" the man taunts him, cold expression in his eyes.

renjun stares at him, his forehead creasing, trying to see if he's joking. but it seems donghyuck doesn't look like he's kidding. "what kind of a person are you? you wish me to die now?"

"no! i mean, if you want to die, what's stopping you from doing so? do you think cutting yourself will do the job?" the man then laughs bitterly, "no, it won't."

renjun's tears suddenly flows down his cheeks, sitting on the ground. "i'm tired of everything. but if i kill myself, what can i get from that?"

"well, eternal life," donghyuck remarks, sitting next to him. "you know what, renjun, if you want to do something or before you decide to do something, you have to be a hundred percent sure of it. because we don't know the result and the consequences, so, we have to be accountable. what if we do something but we don't like the result? that's when the regret comes. when you do something, make sure that you don't regret it. or you'll suffer for the rest of your life. are you getting me, renjun?"

"i get your point, donghyuck. but what makes you think that saying that to me will make me feel better?" renjun bites his lip.

"i'm not trying to make you feel better. but if there's a way to make you feel better, i'd do it." donghyuck gives him the razor blade, "i know you want this."

renjun sighs and shakes his head. "i don't want to die yet."

"that's good to hear, then." donghyuck ruffles his hair. "you go back to your class now, renjun."

"i don't want to." renjun grabs his bag and clings it to his shoulder. "i want to come with you, donghyuck."

donghyuck widen his eyes but then he smiles slightly afterwards. "then come with me." he offers his hand to the teenager and the latter almost immediately accepts it.
-