chapter seventeen.

it's the middle of the day when he enters his classroom, one school bag on his shoulder and another bag on the other.

everyone stares at him, even the professor. he really hates it. it makes him feel conscious and insecure. why do they have to stare at him? can they just go on about their day without looking at him?

"mr. huang, hurry up!" the professor tells him and he walks faster towards his seat.

he silently sits, putting his bags under his desk. he puts his arms on the desk then his head on his arms.

~~~

"renjun!" someone calls him as he's organizing his things in his school bag. he turns to the person and it's seungmin.

"hey, seungmin." he smiles slightly. "what is it?"

"the p-project. h-have you finished it?" seungmin shyly asks.

he furrows his eyebrows, trying to remember what seungmin is talking about. "what project?"

"our project in philosophy where we need to write a letter about each other."

"oh my— i forgot!" renjun bites his lip nervously. "i'll do it later and send it to you immediately so you can compile them. i'm really sorry."

seungmin nods, "i understand. please send it as early as 10pm, alright?"

he sighs stressfully and nods, "alright. i'm so sorry again. i'll go ahead now."

"okay, see you tomorrow." seungmin smiles and waves at him.

renjun waves back before running towards the exit. he mentally slaps himself. how dare he forgets about the project?

when he exits the school, he groans when he remembered he still needs to go to work. oh god, he just wants to cry right now.

he runs towards the ice parlor and enters the shop. he was greeted by his co-workers and they were surprised when he greets them back.

he goes to the kitchen to change to his uniform and takes place his counter, replacing his female co-worker.

"renjun-ah, you've been skipping your shifts. it's only two hours, how can you skip them? our boss had been worried about you," jaemin, his friend, informs him.

he remembers he has a friend. he really has a friend.

he smiles apologetically at jaemin, "i'm really sorry, jaemin, been having personal problems."

jaemin nods, "boss said that you should inform him whenever you're taking a leave. but i understand, it's really hard to cope up with problems. i don't know what you're going through, renjun, but i hope you survive them. don't lose hope, okay?"

he feels like he wants to cry. he doesn't realize his friend cares about him. "thank you, jaemin." he lets out a small smile.

jaemin smiles widely, "don't worry about it. we're friends, right?" renjun just nods.

suddenly, a boy in front of jaemin's counter interrupted them. "excuse me, can i order now?"

they both turn to him. he has blue hair, sharp nose, small eyes and handsome face. renjun winces when jaemin squeaks, "oh my god, babe! you visit?"

oh, it's jaemin's boyfriend. that explains the boy's fond stare at jaemin. he chuckles and shakes his head.

"i'm thirdwheeling, am i?" he asks, looking at them teasingly.

jaemin looks at the customer in front of renjun's counter and then turns at him, giggling, "maybe you're not." he remembers the purple-haired guy who flirts with renjun.

renjun creases his forehead before turning in front of him. his eyes widen when he sees donghyuck smiling at him. "hi, pretty!" the older calls.

he playfully rolls his eyes. "what can i get for you?"

donghyuck chuckles, "what do you want?" he asks.

"you already know," he replies, smiling.

"strawberry with chocolate syrup, then." donghyuck orders, "two cups, please."

renjun sighs before tapping his order onto the monitor. "anything else?"

"hm," donghyuck pretends to think. "perhaps a kiss from you." he winks. giggles from jaemin can be heard.

"shut up!" renjun laughs. "you're embarrassing me."

the older giggles, "okay, okay, i'll stop. how much?"

"i'm guessing at this point you should already know but i'll say it anyway. it's 24,000 won." he smiles.

donghyuck finally pays, telling him to keep the change. renjun then gives him the receipt and table number. "see you later!"

"see you!"
-