chapter 27

It hurts Taehyung to see the brunette hurting. No reaction, tears cascading down her cheeks but y/n— she was staring into space. Unjust it is, how he can not even understand a fraction of pain she is bearing, how she is saying nothing. Absorbing all the pain alone.

The moment they reach their dorm, y/n flees upstairs into her her room. Heart banging against her chest, vision blurry. "Y/n, what are you doing?" Taehyung asks on reaching their apartment.

Without uttering a single word, the girl strides by him. "Where are you going?" He questions again seeing the girl sling a bag over her shoulders. "I'm going home, I can't wait till Saturday."

"Y/n wait-"

"I can't Tae"

"You don't have to– I'm coming with you. It's not safe to travel alone this late." Y/n feels her heart leap at that. Is he even real? Kim Taehyung, her best friend, has been the most supportive and how long have they known each other? Two months, that's the fucking count of days they have been dwelling in this bond.

"I appreciate it, Tae"

"I promised, didn't I?" A smile tugs on his face acknowledging the relief on y/n's face.

The duo board a train to Ilsan together. Taehyung tries to lighten the mood with his lame jokes. A weak smile would dread to unfold on her lips only to wither away in seconds.

It was hard but Taehyung tried his best to cheer her up. They ended up watching 'Mordern Times', knowing well y/n can not resist Charlie Chaplin. The girl, however falls asleep with her tear stained cheeks.

The blunette takes the chance to sneak a call. He dials Jin, giving him the details of their whereabouts. Hanging up on the call, Taehyung brushes y/n's hair. The girl sniffles in her sleep, a tear carelessly rolling down her cheek.

The longer he stares at her shuddering body, the more he feels the burden y/n has been living with. She has been hurting for too long. At a point, Taehyung is convinced that everything happens for a reason. Maybe this is her cue to forget Jimin and live on.

Be free and love someone who will not be afraid to love her back, whole heartedly.

"Don't worry Mrs. Park we will let you know once we find Jimin", Hoseok immediately hangs up.

"Jimin, are you really okay?"

"Hyung, she left me. I saw the pain in her eyes. It was because of me. I lost her hyung. I lost her." Jimin laughs humourlessly, chugging down another bottle of soju. "Jimin-ah. That's enough drinking for today. You will hurt yourself."

"Better than hurting y/n..." Another thick tear rolls down his cheek. "It's not your fault. It was not in your hand. And you can still talk to her. Explain it to her. The contract and everything."

"She's not in her apartment. She hates me, hyung. I could have told her everything, cut ties with her but I did not. Funny how I tried to push her but it was me who went running back to her. It's all my fault, since day one— it was me."

"Jimin-ah..."

"So you did find Jimin." Standing at the door was Jimin's father. Oddly calm in nature but it is not impossible to read the anger dancing on his face. Unlike his father, slight worry was casting in his mother's eyes. "Jimin, get in the car now." He says, this time composed within himself.

"I'm not going back to that hell hole. You ruined my life! I lost the only love of my life, the only supporter. She understood me despite everything. But you guys— you could not even look at me like your son!"

"Enough Park Jimin, you already created a scene at your engagement, if I hear one more word from you I'll-" Jimin's mother jumps in between the father and son. Hands held up to stop her husband.

"Please, don't. I- I'll make him understand."

At which Jimin scoffs earning a glare from his father. "Let me finish. If I get married, this marriage will be void. Like yours. You set up a play in front of some worthless people "let's pretend to be this perfect little happy family", when in reality— at night, behind doors it's someone else you sleep with. Someone who is not your life part-"

A smack resonates through the room. This slight sting on Jimin's right cheek is nothing compared to the hollow pain inside his chest. "Have you forgotten all your mannerisms?" His father boils in anger.

"Yes, oh wait— I never got any 'cause my parents were busy satisfying their false pride in front of the needless world. What is the use of earning respect when you don't have a self-esteem? When you fuck someone else's wife or some foreign man, huh? Where does your pride go then?"

Although these all are the truth he is speaking, his parents would never admit it. They prefer to lead a false, deluded life judged by the society. Mr. Park puffs with anger as the time passes. "You have crossed your line, Park Jimin!"

| 08:05 A.M.

Y/n could feel the freshness in air. It is starting to separate from the polluted molecules to the cleaner ones. Even the environment is good, greener. After about half an hour of taxi ride, y/n and Taehyung reach their destination.

It is more beautiful than what Taehyung had anticipated. He is not sure what he was anticipating besides looking out for the brunette. To be honest, now that he discovered this place, he is a bit jealous knowing y/n grew up on a place like this. Greenery everywhere, a tiny poultry farm with chickens scattered 'round and a pond where you could actually see fish culture.

"Y/n?" Oh, how he despised that particular voice amidst this bliss. "Mom!" Y/n exclaims and immediately attacks her with a hug. All differences aside, Taehyung is genuinely happy to see the brunette distracted from her worries. Even though that spark factor is still missing from her eyes it is a good start.

"Oh, and you?" Mrs Choi eyes him with a bored expression. He, himself throws a short sarcastic smile at her direction. "Anyways, y/n, I thought you'd come tomorrow?"

"I missed you all..." She lies, not meeting her gaze. Fiddling with the loose strings of the insides of her pocket. "It's ok honey. Go meet your father. He'll leave for work in a while." Y/n nods and enters the house ignoring the buzzing device in her bag.

"Hello dad." She bows at a respectful distance from the older. "Uh, y/n-ah good to see you." A wide smile stretched on his loose skin until his eyes fell on the blue haired, standing in the hall. "Who is that young man?" A well-known grin appears on his face.

"He's just a friend dad. More than a friend actually— an epitome of friendship." She stares at the boy with appreciation glinting in her eyes. "Looks like a good guy", his father chuckles.

Not that it was unexpected but y/n found her mother bickering with Taehyung. Yes, on the very topic of music being a bad career path. "...and your hair? Why do you have a whole bunch of nest on your head? Is this how good your music is?"

"What? You– Don't drag my hair in this pointless argument. Y/n– tell her!" Taehyung wails as he feels a presence behind him. "Oh hi- Good Morning sir", he yelps not expecting an unusually tall man behind him.

"Morning. I see you and my wife have a special chemistry", he jokes taking a seat at the dining table. "Yeah sure." Mrs Choi scoffs. In full honesty, she does like Taehyung more than any other hollow headed young adult. He was sensible in ways she secretly appreciated.

"Y/n, do you want to come with me to work? I can ask my boss about the internship, you know..."

"Sure"

I guess we are reaching the end of the story. 3 to 4 chapters more.