chapter 18

"G- Good night Jimin"

Y/n slams the door and leans back on the wooden surface. Her heart is beating unexceptionally fast. The natural rosy pink turns into a flushed beet. Forget that, her knees almost gave up into the action.

"That was a close call", she sighs. It is the second time today she felt like this. Throats drying all of a sudden. The rising heat of her body was whole new story. Not like the brunette is oblivious of how her body worked but she has been avoiding it for years.

Who would dream of being banged against a door, out in public? People might think she has an old fashioned mind set though to her, it is the trust she invests every time in this one man. Her man.

| Next Day

"No no no no. No!" Y/n yells at the top of her lungs. "What the fuck happened?" Taehyung comes running into her room with his robe barely keeping together. "Why are you shouting?"

"Tae~ please take a leave today. Please please please please. Please~" the girl sheerly implores. She will not mind getting on her knees if she has to. "My parents are coming today! Screw that they'll be here soon!"

Taehyung does not know how to react to that. All he knows is that her parents are against her music career, so he chooses to say, "okay?"

"Thank you so much!" The golden specks in her eyes sparkled in the dark orbs. "Whoa, you really are scared of them, aren't you?" Taehyung chuckles when the door bell rings.

"Put on some clothes, quick!", y/n mutters, hastily.

She fumbles with the door lock nevertheless opens it within no time. "H- Hi mom, da— where's dad?" She asks noticing that her mother is alone. To her, it is a sort of relief. She can at least deceive her mother into her sweet talk but her father, oh no. He talks straight to the point. Sophisticated as always, even in his tone.

"He was busy. So...how have you been?" Y/n's gaze follows her mother, "pretty good actually." Mrs. Choi hums examining every corner of the room.

"Boyfriend?"

"Um no— why don't you sit? I'll make you some tea." Y/n is sweating under the tension. She just wants her mother to leave, like right now. "When—" "Hello Mrs. Choi, I'm Kim Taehyung! Y/n's roommate."

"Hello...", Her gaze travels from the fine young man to her daughter, obviously hiding from her burning stare. "Y/n never told me about you. You seem sensible. Why don't you give y/n some sense?"

'Oh there she goes', y/n groans internally, rolling her eyes. "Please Ma and here's your tea." She hands a cup to Mrs Choi. "So Taehyung, what is your ambition?"

Easy. Taehyung smiles and says, "I'm studying music right now. I have applied for internships, workshops and also sold some of my beats online. As soon as I graduate, I will travel wherever a door opens. I love music!"

"Hm, what a waste!" The elder's lips falls into a straight line. "Why do you want to invest your time in something that is so temporary. Your dreams and life are lying on an unstable rock. What if you don't get an opportunity? Is there a plan B? Don't waste your time Taehyung!"

"Mrs Choi music, is not waste. It is equally good an opportunity, alright? None of the streams in career will lead you to immediate success. You have to work for it. There will be falls but it depends on how you get up. Music, business, arts, commerce everything will have hurdles. None of them are stable."

"You are just wasting your time Taehyung! I'm telling you this with my experience, as an adult, as a parent!"

This is what y/n was afraid of. Whenever it comes down to jobs and future related to music, her mother is the one to have a mouthful of discouraging words ready to spit out. "Mom please, let's drop this. Tell me how are you and dad doing?"