chapter 24

"Y/n just give up on him. You don't meet his taste, never will—"

Tears prick the back of her eyes. Yet, she stands still like the water dwelling at the bay. "Oh y/n you should have been careful with the drink!" Minseo blurts out of the blue. "What happened guys?"

Or perhaps this was her plan, well executed.

Taehyung marches towards y/n who has her head hanging low. "It's nothing, y/n spilt some juice on herself", Minseo chuckles as if she were this dainty lady to wipe off the drink she spilt on the brunette.

Without any thoughts, Jimin takes off his crew neck sweater and put it on the other's head. Y/n notices the fire raging in Minseo's eyes this time.

All the saccharine sweet girl, was a show. A show to confer to y/n what this whole circus was about. Wanting to believe that the feelings or the least concern from Jimin were actually true, seemed impossibly hard. What are they? Where are they? Friendship? No, it is more like bullshit.

"Tae, can we go back to our apartment please?" She asks. Still, even. "We can leave now if you–" "Can we, Tae?" Her voice bitter than usual as she interrupts the blonde.

"Um, yeah sure?" Taehyung mutters, taken aback by the sudden swing in surroundings. Y/n pushes past Jimin, her hair flapping at the sides. Covering every inch of tears that rolled down her cheeks, which others failed to notice.

"What did you say to her?" Jimin grunts as he faced Minseo. "Just the truth that you don't belong to her." She shrugs as if it is no big deal. Jimin knows this is all fucked up.

| Next Day

Taehyung can have been surprised by how the brunette pulls herself together. It was just the previous night, she looked devastated. And now, she is as good as new. "Tae~"

"What do you want?"

"Why do think I always need something when I call you like a sweet person that I am", y/n pouts. Her arms crossing in front of her as her brows knits together.

Taehyung rises on his foot when he finished tying his shoe lace. "Well first because you're not being sweet. You're being overly sweet. Second, you have been doing everything I asked, moreover, the things I didn't even ask. That can only mean want me to your return favour–"

"So do it, pleaseeee." She joins her hands. Pleading in ways that is utterly irrefusable. "Please come to Ilsan with me. Just for a few days. I don't want to go alone to my parents'. Please."

"Oh no no no no. There is no way I'm going. And for what— I can't stay under the same roof as that lady. She drives me crazy! Bye, y/n. I have an important camp to attend right now. You will have to deal with this on your own."

"Please Tae, please. Do this for me. You can't shut me down"

"You— don't you dare pull that card on me! I won't and I won't. That's final, I'm leaving."

"Please–" The door bell rings in the middle of their petty argument. "No, even the universe doesn't want me to get a headache out of your mother's tantrum. Ever since that meet, when you don't pick up her calls, she calls me! To burst my ears with her tantrums."

Ding dong!

"See y/n, I'm answering the door. You answer the person behind it and then your mother!" The door flies open revealing Jimin, hands stuffed in his pocket, leg swinging by in idleness.

"Hi", the blonde greeted sheepishly.

"Hi..."

Taehyung, at some point wants to strangle them both for acting like strangers meeting for the first time. "Y/n, I don't know— let him in?" She rolled her eyes, making sure the other saw her before he left.

"So...you left early yesterday?"

"Well, yeah I was kind of tired." Y/n bites her lips hoping he will not pry into the matter. She remembers every bit of yesterday. She wants to escape it. "I talked to Minseo—" "It's okay, I didn't let her get into my head." 'Maybe just a little bit, I did', is what twists her tongue but pushes it off her back.

"That's good", Jimin cups her cheeks inching closer, "I just woke up y'know", she says and dodging those irresistible lips. She clearly lied about the fact that she was not offended. Heck, she let Minseo's words dwell inside her head.

"Y/n", Jimin held her wrist. His hands gently settling at the side of her neck. "I don't care...", he placed a chaste kiss on her lips and then pecks her forehead. Y/n is left blinking till Jimin flicks her chin. "Go now, I'll prepare breakfast." Crimson tinges her cheeks as she storms into the bathroom.

Y/n comes out of the bathroom, taking her own sweet time. Dressed in a white crop top and grey sweats, freshness radiated off her. Well, it is partly the fruity smell that envelopes her. "What did you make for breakfast, chef?" Y/n thrills the other.

A hearty chortle rumbles his chest. "Rabokki is what we have today Miss. Well I could only find rice cakes in the refrigerator so, yeah."

"Oh, that sounds appetizing. Enlighten me with your dish chef", y/n giggles. "Rabokki on it's way, my fair lady." Jimin does a ridiculous bow only for the brunette to choke on air while laughing.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" The blonde pats her back, worry reflecting his eyes. The bowl long forgotten at the counter. Y/n stares at him, batting her eyelashes innocently. A canopy of silence layers around them. Both lost in their thoughts. Same, thought.

"That's too much for one day", the girl says and both of them break into a fit of laughter. "I guess", Jimin admits struggling to bring himself to a stop.

"Okay, now that's disrespect to ramyeon and tteokbokki together!"

Y/n points at the bowl on the counter. The steam searing down along with their laughter. "Well alright." He holds his hands up in defence.

The duo kept fooling around for days. Even ditched classes together sometimes. Nothing special about today either but they just felt like it. To hang around, bunk a few lectures, talk shits and hang around. Oh yeah, in full honesty their goal is to hang around.

"Not again", y/n says in defeat. "What?" The blonde asks. Fondness portraying in the way in his lips are curved upwards for no good reason. "Another company rejected me, like fuck you douche bags. It's your loss anyways!" The brunette mumbles slamming her laptop shut.

"Whoa chill out there. You will get it, you're brilliant." Jimin straightens up, resembling a bit lesser to a slouchy idiot. "It's not about brilliance. I'll be going to my parents' this Saturday. If they come to know I haven't gotten anywhere, they're going to force some shitty internship onto me. Gosh— I hate it when they do that. And it's impossible to fight dad."

"Oh well, you still have that Talent Hunt opportunity that's tomorrow y'know? I'll cheer for you till the applauses die down."

"Chim, just cause you got a callback by some rich ass company's manager doesn't mean I'll get it too." She scoffs. "But it's only possible for me to get into a good music company if I had some sort of reach inside it. Why, god? Why?" She whines drooping her head on the table.

"Yes!" Jimin jumps off his seat. A strange excitement pumped through his body. "What on earth happened to you?" The brunette says monotonously. "I'll be right back!"

"So you're leaving me too? Great." She says to herself watching Jimin fade among the cars in the parking lot. Her phone vibrates in her hand, a notification popping on her screen.

I'll pick you up at 6 (;

"What goes on in your mind, Chim?", y/n chuckles going back to her dorm.

Well, I don't what to say. LMAO. Let me know if you're liking the story so far:)