Chapter 26: OFFER

Addy hesitates before bowing again, this time to Prince Nicholas, "Your highness." Words can't describe how small she feels standing next to the Prince and Princess of Amaris, and a royal member of House Castille. The three people are clearly oblivious to how uncomfortable she feels. All she wants to do is clean up the kitchen and go to bed. Unlike these royals, she has to get up early to begin the day, she needs her sleep, especially how she's been feeling fatigued lately.

"Brother!" Charlotte slaps James' arm off her before meeting him, as he walks in. "Is it true?" she asks with sheer excitement looking at Adelaide, who just wants to leave. Nicholas looks at Addy and back at them, "Both of you should leave, you're making her uncomfortable."

Charlotte slaps her hand over her mouth, to suppress her shriek. James grabs Charlotte, "Let's go, Char"

"I'm Charlotte please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything," she says, as her lover practically drags her out of the kitchen, closing the two doors.

Adelaide bows to him before going back to the dishes. "You don't want to ask how my day went?" he inquires, staring at her.

"I don't think it's my place to ask," she replies, rinsing off the dishes. The young woman gasps silently when she feels the prince hug her from behind, his hands, tight around her waist. "You have every right to ask, princess. You are mine and I am yours," he whispers kissing her neck.

"Your highness someone might see us."

She says rinsing off the last of the plates, and then trying to elude him, but his grip on her only tightens. "They won't," he breathes, nibbling on her ear.

Chadwick turns her to face him and sits her on the table by the sink. "I missed you," he says, crashing his lips against hers, gripping her thighs. Adelaide responds to his kiss, her hands running through his hair.

He pushes her thighs open, pulling up her dress but she stops him, breaking the kiss. "Your highness, we can't," she says, looking away from him.

"What is it?" he asks, looking at her.

"Someone may see us."

"I promise, they won't. Everyone retires at this time," he explains. He cannot possibly understand what is going through her head. If someone catches them she'll be the one in trouble not him! But then again he's not one to deliberately get her into trouble, to the best of her knowledge. She's also very tired and doesn't know how he will feel if she maintains her stance. Upsetting him is the last thing she wants, and she has never denied him lovemaking before.

"It's okay, let's go," he says, sensing her hesitation, as he turns away.

"Are you upset with me?" she asks, worry lacing her tone and face. Nicholas looks back at her cupping her cheeks, "Princess I would never be upset with you over this. Yes, I wanted to make love to you but this does not change how I feel about you in the slightest. I love you, okay?"

She nods, looking into his eyes. He smiles at her, claiming her lips again, as he adjusts her dress, bringing her down from the table. Nicholas breaks the kiss, resting his forehead on hers, "I love you, princess." She smiles nodding at him. "You should go first, to be safe." Chadwick nods, kissing her forehead, "Good night."

"Good night." He reluctantly walks out of the kitchen, Adelaide heading to her quarters a few minutes later.

She quietly opens the door and sees everyone sleeping soundly. Slowly, but surely, she gets to her bed, a nightdress, waiting for her on it. After changing, she places her uniform next to her, lying down on the bed, and closing her eyes.

***

"Adelaide, Grace of Castille has asked for you," Matilda says with concern in her voice. Adelaide's heart starts pounding immediately. It has been about three months since she started working in the castle and she has made sure to avoid Grace and the queen at all costs! She can't possibly have known about a couple of times Prince Nicholas took her these past months, they were 'over discreet'! But then again, they can't be too sure and her friends have warned her about doing anything that could get on her bad side.