Chapter 12: MEMORIES(4) -THE BROTHEL

"The embarrassment you caused us is irreparable!" King Alexander scolded his uninterested son.

"Darling, he probably had a reason for this-"

"Nonsense Mira! What reason could he possibly have?" he asked, glaring at his son.

"You're right father, I had no reason. In fact, I warned mother that I didn't want to get married to someone I didn't know"

"You would have time to know each other after your betrothal! If not for the fact that you are the most respected in our army, I would've humbled you right now," the king said.

"Let him go, Alexander, I will talk to him," his wife urged. Nicholas honestly had no interest and didn't care if he got scolded every time he pulled these stunts. It's not like he didn't warn them, why would they be upset if he's nowhere to be found on the D day?

"Get out of my sight!" The prince bowed and turned around, heading straight to his chambers.

"Hands down the best stunt so far!" a voice exclaimed on the stairs, making him look to the top.

"You know for a minute I actually thought you were going to walk into the hall for the betrothal ceremony...I would've called you a blathering boob," Charlotte said as she sat on the rail.

Nicholas chuckled, "One wrong move and you'll slip from there, and smash your head on this floor"

"Oh come on! I am not some princess trapped in a tower that needs her prince charming!"

"I totally forgot that," Nicholas smiled as he walked up the stairs. "You should've seen the look on the lady's face when they announced your entrance but a chicken ran through the door,"

"I never planned that stunt"

"I know," she winked at him.

"So you're the reason father was so infuriated. Come here!" he ran up the stairs, Charlotte jumping down from the rail and rolling on the floor, looking up at Nicholas who had climbed to the top.

"Bloody hell Charlotte! Never do that again! You could've snapped your neck!"

The princess sticks her tongue out at him before running away.

"She's getting manlier by the minute," a voice says from behind him.

"Hello brother," Nicholas greeted the man hugging him.

"Hello cousin," James said, hugging him back. "Nice stunt you pulled today," he smirks.

"I promise that wasn't me," Nicholas defended with a smile.

"Well of course you had your sister do the dirty work"
"I would never!"

"So where did you go out to this time?" At once, Nicholas' mind flashed back to the memories he had today with the most beautiful woman in the world...she's amazing.

"You know what? Don't tell me! C'mon, the brothel awaits us," The prince groaned at the thought of it, he really didn't want to go there anymore.

James hung his mouth wide open, "Are you really groaning about going to the brothel? I'm pretty sure you ditched the lady today for Seera," he winks.

"Definitely not, c'mon." If only he knew the person he stumbled across today, he would understand why he doesn't want to meet any other woman...it's like he's been put under a spell from the moment his eyes landed on her. 

"Your highness!" A woman with chestnut hair squealed, once Nicholas and James step foot inside the brothel.

"I told you," James whispered before walking further inside, leaving his friend.