Chapter 19: ROYAL INVITATION

The man in armour stands there, waiting for further instructions from the lady sitting opposite him. Grace places her cup of tea carefully on the table before turning to him, "Going to the brothel is simple as you are a man that should want his needs satiated."

"I can just ask for her and demand her to come here."

"You will not. The only person that should know about this you and me. The queen should not even know I listened to her advice, that is why you will behave like a normal man in need and find the one that has the prince crawling back to her all the time."

He says nothing, his eyes fixated on her. "Are we clear?"

"Yes, My Lady." She nods, standing up and moving towards the chest by her bed. She opens it taking a small brown sack that rings like bells once moved in any direction.

"You will receive the rest when you've done the job," she places it in his hand, watching as he bows, turns around, and heads out the door.

***

"I cannot believe this!" Philomena says in pure happiness.

"Adelaide! Clarice!" she calls, the two women running to her, bowing their heads immediately. "My Lady," they greet.

"Raise your heads at once." The women do as they're told, and Adelaide sees a clear contrast between the mother and son in front of her.

"I don't want to go for something like this"

"Oh hush Grayson! You will have a better chance of finding someone wealthy to marry. Adelaide, Clarice, we received an invitation from the castle asking to attend the sixteenth birthday of Princess Charlotte of Amaris."

Both slaves' eyes widen in shock, but make sure to compose themselves in front of their master. Adelaide can't help but wonder if this is the plan Nicholas was talking about a few weeks ago.

"The Princess herself has requested that the households from this part of the kingdom attend with their slaves as well because you will be serving us throughout our stay"

Stay?

"It is a three-day celebration and we must make sure we appear as one of the most inviting. Grayson needs a wealthy woman to be comfortable and bear him children with a little class."

"Mother! Don't you think they just want us there to flaunt their wealth and show how different we are from them?"

"Whatever their motive is behind this, I do not care. This is an opportunity we shall not miss. Here," she hands Adelaide a small sack of coins. "You and Clarice, go to the market and pick up a fresh set of clothes for Grayson and use the rest to buy a gift for the princess. Make sure it looks expensive."

"Master," they bow, leaving immediately. Grayson admiring their bodies, licking his lips, he will get a taste soon.

"Do you think it is a good thing that we were invited to the castle? Grayson might be right," Clarice tells her, as they walk through the market.

"I honestly don't know. It is such an odd invitation," Adelaide replies, stopping at a stall, looking at the fresh clothes. She points at one, that looks like it will suit Grayson and his pot belly to the owner of the stall.

"Whatever the reason is, I really want to see the castle." Adelaide smiles at her, although the memories of Nicholas insulting her just to get her alone tugs at her heart. Will he do it again? Can she handle it again? He said he did not mean it but why did it feel so real?

"I heard the prince is rude, arrogant, and selfish. Also, he beheads slaves and servants once they make the slightest mistake," Clarice whispers in her ear. Addy smiles at her, "Let me guess, Grayson told you."