Koda's Battle Training

"You schooled Bakugo in the ball throw?!" Izuku asked loudly, leaning over the table. Mic took off from his perch to land effortlessly on Izuku's shoulder.

"Yes," Koda laughed gently at seeing his friend's excited face.

"Oh my god, it would have been amazing to see his face. And the squirrel coach sounds like a good ally to have there." Izuku commented, petting and fluffing Mic's feathers to calm him down.

Koda nodded with a small smile, "Yeah, he is very nice, I'm thinking about getting him some nuts as a thank you gift."

"Go ahead and take some from our pantry for next time you see him. I think we have more than enough of a variety for you to choose from." Izuku offered, letting Mic crawl over his shoulders onto his head of curls to relax there for the time being.

"Thanks, Zuku." Koda replied.

*

"Hello, fellow classmate," Tokoyami greeted before being interrupted by Dark Shadow.

"Hey! How's it going?" Dark Shadow asked, earning him a nudge from Tokoyami.

"Hello. I'm good," Koda answered back softly.

"That's nice to hear. Hey, you did good in the quirk assessment." Sato commented, giving a friendly smile at Koda.

Koda blushed and nodded, "Thank you. You both did great as well."

He was eternally grateful for the help of practicing conversations with Izuku that he was able to talk a little bit more to others. But he still felt just a bit awkward about it.

The other two noticed his hesitancy and started to just idly chat about what they thought today's hero basic training was going to be on. The two just threw ideas at each other, letting Koda contribute by asking his opinion. Each time they took his nod of agreement as an answer instead of digging for more like past classmates have done to tease him.

"I AM HERE...COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A HERO!"

"Wow! I can't believe it's really him." Kaminari said, excitedly.

"Omg, he is a teacher. That means this year is going to be super awesome." Kirishima exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air.

"Is that his silver age costume?" Tsuyu asked, holding her finger to her chin.

"It's so retro." Ojiro commented.

"Welcome to the most important class at UA High! Here you will learn the basics of being a pro hero and what it means to fight in the name of good! Today's lesson is BATTLE TRAINING!"

"Fight training...alright." Bakugo said under his breath, a sadistic grin growing on his face. He cracked his knuckles in anticipation.

"But one of the keys to being a hero is your costume!" With a confident gesture towards the wall while yelling, multiple ports with numbers on them slid out of the wall. "These were made based on your quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before school started. Get yourself suited up and meet me in Training Ground Beta!"

Koda took his costume out of the cubby to looks at the warm colors of red and orange. He felt the material to see that it was soft to the touch, but durable enough not to rip when dealing with animals with sharp claws. Koda was so excited but also very very nervous for the lesson.

*

Everyone walked out, Koda conversation with the underrated boys.

"So shall we get started you bunch of newbies?!"

Everyone settled into position, idly chatting before All Might cleared his throat.

"Now that you are ready, it's time for combat training."