Chapter Twenty: Secrets

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"What?"

"I'll look for him Princess."

"Wait really?"

"Yeah he seems like a good guy and he's really important to you."

"I know but it's... it's Adrien as in THE ADRIEN."

Chat laughed at how cute and dramatic hit he girl in front of him could be. He inched closer to her and began to twirl the tips of her hair.

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

Marinette looked at Chat in shock. There was something in his eyes she couldn't read.

"No. Not anymore. Like I told you before Kitty, right now I think that there's only one guy for me." Marinette said this as she held his hand by intertwining their fingers into one.

Marinette looked into Chat's eyes again... he looked... disappointed...? No. That couldn't be right... he couldn't have-

"Eep!" Marinette squeaked before she felt herself fall into Chat's arms.

"Have fun at the party Princess. I'll make sure that your friend gets home safe. Okay?"

Marinette nodded nervously.

Chat helped her up as she brushed her dress off.

Everything about it was truly pristine. She was pristine.

He gently grabbed her fragile hand and planted a kiss on it before he left out he window.

-Le Time Skip-

Chat had let down his transformation in an alleyway and sighed as he walked home. He wasn't sure he would make it through the night. He was sure his father would not let him go unpunished.

Plagg poked out of Adrien's jacket but knew that Adrien wanted some space at the moment, and he wasn't going to interfere.

Adrien shoved his hands in his pockets trying to remember happier times as he walked on the sidewalk. Happier times.

He remembered how his Mother and him would walk in the rain to help him get over his fear in the thunder. He remembered laughing and dancing with her in the rain. He also remembered what his Mother said to him.

He remembered it so clearly... "See I knew you could do it! You just have to- One day you will do great things Adrien. One day you will be the aire to a whole company... One day you will love someone enough to dance with them in the rain. I just hope that in the end no matter what, you'll say the most important things even though their the hardest to say... AND that you will always do the right thing for the purpose of doing the right thing. With happiness in your heart, and love as your guide."

He smiled. He loved that quote his mother would tell him. His smile faded as he saw the ominous Agreste machine in front of him. He took a deep breath before-

Little did he know that those words had a much deeper meaning.

-le Time Skip-

"Adrien! What on Earth were you thinking! Sneaking out!"

"I'm sorry Father I just wanted to be like all of my classmates for once! Normal!"

"You are not normal Adrien, you are my son!" Gabriel lashed out, "You have fainted and you have caused outbursts in class! If I catch you sneaking out again you won't be able to go out or sew any of your friends for a very long time."

Adrien felt himself getting angry too. A rising anger was building up against him. Adrien stood up abruptly:

"So what your just going to keep me here! You don't even spend time with me! What's the point of keeping me locked up in this house if you won't actually be there for me!"

"IT KEEPS YOU SAFE AND PROTECTED. IF YOUR MOTHER SAW YOU RIGHT NOW- "

Both froze at the mention of Emilie. Without saying another word Gabriel walked out.

Plagg came out of Adrien's jacket looking concerned.

"Adrien, I-"

Adrien let out a quiet whimper that turned into a soft sob. He felt tears run down his jawline and splatter onto the floor. He would give anything to have... well to have... not this.

Plagg sat on the back wall of Adrien's room. Plagg, not one to show affection that often sighed and gave Adrien a hug on his cheek.

Through the tears Adrien laughed. And brought his hand to snuggle Plagg closer. Plagg was one of the people in his life just like Marinette that made everything seem okay. They didn't make him forget or cover up his problems. They made him feel free and that everything would be okay.

"Thank you, Plagg."

"No need to get cheesy, kid. Besides Chloe's party is gonna end at midnight. When it's late at night, you might be grounded, but-"

"Chat Noir isn't." Adrien smirked. Something in his conscience tugged on him though...Was he really going to disobey his father just to go spend time with his friends. Well... not any friends... Marinette would be there and Chat Noir and her... they were definitely more than friends.

Nobody's POV

"I didn't tell him Nathalie."

"Sir, I know it's not my place but you have to sooner or another..."

"I know I just need more- "

"Time." She finished. "But it's better to tell him now than to keep him in the dark."

Gabriel nodded.

"I'll tell him... just not tonight."

—————

The sunset that started off Adrien's afternoon was now pitch black.

"PLAGG CLAWS OUT!"

-End of Chapter 20-