Past trauma

(Trigger warning?)

Ranboo stood idle on the dock of L'manburg, his tail swaying gently behind him. He looked across the chaos of his once not blown up home, a sigh escaping his chapped lips.

He looked on in wonder as numerous people ran by the tall boy, all yelling or shrieking with anger and sadness. The teen could see blood, so much blood.

It unsettled the boy, letting out an unwilling shiver. He shook off the thought of that being his, he hadn't been injured thus far and he knew no one was going to hurt him. No one would allow that.

He slowly started walking, everything around him becoming a grey hue. All the yelling and screaming falling on deaf ears.

The enderman hybrid walked past bodies on the floor, all of which had their eyes and mouths open in pain and horror. Their last moments of terror still frozen on their faces.

He didn't like the sight before him. It reminded him too much of his past. Yes, despite having memory loss, he still remembered a majority of his past. And who wouldn't? It's something even he could remember. It was traumatizing.

He could still remember the sounds of the fans on the ceiling whirring and the countless hours of experiments done on him. He tried not to dwell too long on the past as it would cause him to split and now wasn't the time to do that as the two parts of him would get hurt, therefore, hurting him.

If you don't know what hes talking about, hes talking about Ran (the black one) and Boo, (the white one) the two parts of him that made him whole. He can't function without the other. If you don't get what hes trying to say, imagine Garnets fusion but with Ranboo. That would make more sense.

The boys tail swung gently behind him, swaying gently to the beat of his foot steps. He trudged through the destruction, kicking bits of concrete and wood with his polished shoes. The sound producing small clicking as it bounced off the ground.

He stood still for a moment among the rubble of his home, taking in the atmosphere of everything around him in hopes of some familiarity, yet, nothing.

The distant explosions started to get closer to him but he didn't hear them, all he heard was a slight rumble. He came to his senses by the time a TNT piece that was ignited came crashing towards him.

He scrambled to get out of the way but was pushed a few feet away and crashed into a wall behind a still standing wall. The impact of the wall behind the boy made him fall unconscious.

A dim light slowly engulfed the tall boy and when the light faded down, there in his place were two little toddlers. They couldn't have been any older than 5 years old, they both possessed little horns and tails and one was black while the other was white, the time when they fused to create Ranboo. The two toddlers eyes fluttered open, their eyes both falling onto the other. They immediately engulfed eachother in a hug, desperate for comfort. They were aware of their past and knew about the fusion, the fusion meant they were able to see and hug eachother but it meant they couldn't feel the touch of the other which greatly upset them both as they were the only things in the blank void of which they had come from prior.

They stayed like that for what seems like forever, the both of them ignoring the rumble of explosions and the shaking of the ground beneath them. They only heald onto eachother tighter at the sound and movement.

The sounds and shaking slowly had started to calm down, leaving the two toddlers curled up behind a somehow not destroyed wall, clinging to the other like their life depended on it.

After a while, one of them stood up, making other stand up with them. The toddler with the black skin tone lead the way while the other just clung to them, seemingly not wanting to get separated. They walked for a while before they found a house, it was in the middle of a plains biome with greenery sprouting from all kinds of different places; even a tree was growing through the house, the tree was fully grown and that meant that the house had to of been abandoned for a while as it takes a tree at least forty years to grow fully.

The toddlers were hesitant at first but slowly stumbled towards, scanning the perimeter for any signs of a human being. The two toddlers trondled into the house from the door way which had lost its door from decay. They stood in the entrance of the house, scanning their surroundings for a while before heading to what seemed like a stair case, although it didn't seem too stable to hold the both of them as vines and floors had started to sprout from the rotten wood. The toddlers didn't realise that and had already started to climb the stairs, one holding onto the dirty and decaying banister while the other placed their feet on the stairs in different places in hopes of not making noise or alerting anyone who could potentially be in the house.

The method of getting up the stairs worked as they had managed to get to the second floor uninjured. They stumbled around the small hallway, the only light source being the sunlight through an open window, their shadows being cast onto the walls like looming creatures in the dark.

They had taken a peak into all the rooms they had walked by, hoping to find a place to rest and hopefully fuse back together in peace as it wasn't a good thing to fuse under stress.

The came across a door at the end of the small hallway, the taller of the two, the black toddler, reached for the handle and turned it once he got a good grip. The door opened, a loud creaking following as the door opened to the room.

The room itself wasn't in too bad of condition, it was just really musty and had a small mould problem in a few of the corners. Apart from that, the room seemed pleasantly nice and homey. There was a window on the opposite side of the room, overlooking what seemed to be a garden but had long overgrown with luscious green vines and flowers. Said vines and flowers had crept in from the broken window, creeping along small parts of the walls and floor. There was also a rather clean mattress in one side of the room which didn't seem to have been used as of late.

The smaller of the two still clung to the other, following idly and helping the other when they needed eachother to complete a task. Neither had spoken a word the entire time, indicating that they didn't have the ability to speak or just didn't want to.

The black toddler guided the other over to the mattress, gently picking up the other and placing them on the mattress, following suit quickly after.

The smaller toddler clasped the other in their arms, hugging them as close to them as they could. The taller quickly returned the hug, their tail curling around the two. Silence hung over the two, the only sounds heard being the light twittering of birds outside and the slow and light breathing of the younger.

They both started to doze off from the singing of the birds, their breathing evening out and the grips on eachother loosening, smiles growing on their lips. They both were out like a light in minutes, neither of them having any stress because of the thought of the other in their arms giving them the reassurance that they could sleep in peace.

A comforting glow resonated from the two, the soft glow showing the two of them merging together back into their fusion, Ranboo.

The light glow dissipated and the tall boy was left in the two toddlers place, with his tail and arms wrapped around him with his knees to his chest,

A smile being graced on his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1380 words