Protection

Ranboo stood there in the chaos, gazing across the battle field of death and destruction.

He could hear the cries of the L'manburg citizens, calling out to their friends who continued to get slaughtered like cows for steak.

Ranboo just stood there, all the action falling on deaf ears. Ranboo felt numb. He never wanted anything like this to happen. This was too much.

He helped both sides, yet, Ranboo felt like he could've done more to try and prevent this chaos. He was having a mental war with himself about whether or not he did was right. He helped the people that were his friends, so why are they still fighting?

Rockets fired, blinding Ranboo temporarily. He glanced around the remains of L'manburg, seeing Techno kill another after another. He looked up at the sky, getting a quick glimpse of green before it vanished into the sky.

He didn't know what to do, which side was he suppose to help? The one that gave him a home or the one that treated him with kindness? He was so unsure, he felt like collapsing and just never getting up again.

He felt powerless, he couldn't do anything to stop this and he hated it. He was seeing his friends die over and over again by another he calls a friend. Why couldn't everyone get along for a minute?

The hybrid sighed and watched as the L'manburgians ran to cover, trying to escape the skulls of the wither. He forgot Phil and Techno spawned the withers. To Ranboo, he thought it was a bit much seeing as the TNT had already done its job.

The boy sighed and leaned against a nearby wall, that was somehow still standing despite all the destruction surrounding it. He wished the destruction could just stop for a minute.

He recalled all the fun times he had with his friends, the laughs, the pranks, everything. He wished he could have a moment with all his friends individually, to comfort them, to hug them, to tell them it's all going to be ok. He really wished he could do that.

His tail wrapped around his leg in sadness, he never wished to see his friends so distraught, he never wished to see them die over and over again.

He wished he could see his friends smile and having fun, but that was far into the past and only a childs broken dream.

He wrapped his arms around his torso, he felt cold and empty.

At least Phil and Techno haven't died..... right?

A huge bang erupted from a nearby house, causing the hybrids head to whip in the direction of the noise, to only have his eyes widen in fear.

Phil was fighting off technically all of the withers and he had yet to notice the house behind him had started to crumble, the steel framing of the house keeping the house in tact while it slowly fell forward, aiming directly for the winged man.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as Ranboo ran towards Phil, yelling his name, trying to warn him of the house. Techno yelling at Phil to move, the piglin hybrid also running towards the blonde, completely ignoring the people around him.

Ranboo reached Phil just before the house tipped over completely and he made Phil fall to the ground with the boy on top of him, to hopefully shield him from debris and the house. He refused to let another friend die.

"PHIL! RANBOO" Techno cried, right when the house fell on the two. The house had also crushed the withers Phil had been fighting, so when Techno stopped at the edge of the now fallen (somehow in tact) house, 5 nether stars popped up infront of the man.

He hesitated before collecting the nether stars, he gazed at them and fell to his knees.

Everyone had stopped fighting by now and Dream had stopped the TNT, feeling pity for the pink haired male.

All the people on the battlefield had slowly started walking towards the house, a bunch of them having tears in their eyes.

A couple people turned to another and had hugged them, slowly starting to sob into the others chest.

Techno hadn't noticed all the people gathering around the house, he had his focus on the nether stars in his hands. Lone tears threatening to fall from his flushed cheeks.

He thought about the memories, he had make with the two, the laughs, the cries, everything.

He smiled fondly at the memories before a frown came to his face, remembering the two under the house.

The lone warrior stood up and faced the crowd, tears glistening in his eyes.

"This is what happens when people have power, do you see what I was trying to tell you now?" The piglin muttered, staring across the crowd filled with sour faces.

Silence washed over them, the tension was thick. You could cut it with a knife it was so thick. No one dared speak, all filled with some kind of grief or sorrow.

Techno was the first to move, starting to walk away from the tragedy, walking through the crowd. They made way for him, not wanting to get in his way knowing he is on the brink of going crazy.

The group slowly started to walk away from it as well. But, they heard crumbling from the collapsed building, they all stopped in their tracks and stared at the wreckage. Techno kept walking

More crumbling followed and Techno heard it this time and snapped his head in the direction of the noise.

The crumbling started getting louder and louder and the building started to get lifted off the ground. They all stared at it in disbelief.

It started getting higher and higher off the ground, soon revealing Phil and Ranboo. Phil was on the ground, seemingly unconscious while Ranboo was lifting the building off of them.

"T-TECHNO, GET PHIL!" Ranboo grunted, lifting the building higher for Techno to get under.

Techno sprinted his way over to Phil, gently taking the older man in his arms and rushed out from under the house.

Ranboo let out another grunt, trying to release his anger, he was going to yeet this house into the crater in the middle of L'manburg because he was pissed, he needed to get his built-up rage out of his system.

Ranboo got ready and quickly threw the building, his eyes having a purple tint to them as he did so, into the crater, hearing the satisfying crash of the house being destroyed.

Ranboo smirked to himself, satisfied with himself; the people of L'manburg only stared, he brushing himself off and jogging over to Phil and Techno, taking a seat on the other side of Phil, looking at the unconscious man worriedly.

"I-is he ok?" Ranboo asked hesitantly, looking towards Techno.

Techno looked up with happy tears in his eyes. Techno nodded and hugged Ranboo.

The taller didn't expect the sudden affection. But he just smiled and hugged the other back, resting his head on top of the smaller.

They stayed like that for a minute, going over the events that had just occurred.

Ranboo's ear twitches as he hear shuffling coming from his right and he snapped his head to look at Phil, slowly starting to sit up, a dry cough erupting from his frail being.

Techno looked to Phil, quickly letting go of the enderman hybrid and lunging at the older, being mindful of his head.

"PHIL!" Techno yelled, embracing the Raven hybrid.

"Woah! G-good to see you too Techno!" Phil chuckled, gladly embracing the other.

Ranboo smiled at the duo, a fond aura surrounding the two.

The L'manburg citizens watched, all sharing happy glances with eachother. Quackity looked angry however, he stepped forward about to yell an insult but was stopped by a gentle hand on his shoulder.

He looked to the source of the hand and found the president, tubbo, staring at him. The boy shook his head and gently started pulling Quackity away from the small group. Quackity only sighed in defeat, but complied and the boys started tapping people on the shoulder or softly pulling them with them so they could give the group some time to themselves.

They could all deal with the destruction another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1383 words