Trap

Marinette's pov

"Don't leave me stay!" I screamed at him. He was standing just 5 feet away from me. We didn't make a move. "Mari I can't! I love you but we can't be together!" he said tears running down both of our cheeks.

"I love you too! Isn't that all we need? Isn't that enough?" I screamed at him. Every bone in me wanted to run towards him and never let him go. But everything around me kept me away.

"In my world, it would mean everything and more but in your world, it isn't enough!" he said. I could see him faded away. I screamed and called out his name. I fought against everything that kept me away from him.

I finally got through to him but he was already gone.

He left me. Again

I woke up with tears running down my cheeks. "You're finally awake! We were so worried." I could feel a pair of arms around me. I could see Mrs. Bustier standing at the door looking worried at me. "Marinette are you sure you are ok?" she asked sitting next to Alya.

I slowly nodded before jumping out of the bed. Just one thought was running through my head.

"Marinette where are you going?" Alya ran after me. Still in my pyjama, I slammed the door open to the room of Nino and Adrien. Five boys looked at me like I was crazy. My face dropped when I didn't saw him there.

"Please tell me Adrien came back last night," I begged. They all avoided eye-contact with me. By now Alya and Mrs. Bustier reached me. "I'm sorry Marinette he didn't. I called his father but he doesn't know either." I could feel Mrs. Bustier resting her hand on my shoulder.

It was hard for me to not cry again. You probably think. 'OMG, she's such a crybaby.' But I'm actually not. I just miss him so hard and can't live without him. I mean how would you react when your soulmate, better half, your reasons to live left with the thought that it was all his fault that you can't be together anymore.

"He will come back it's just a matter of time." she said comforting me. "We will cancel all plans for today. Maybe he will show up." Mrs. Bustier said. I nodded while walking out. "Marinette?" I heard a voice, probably Alya, call me. "I'll go out and search him." I said before anyone could argue I ran back to my room.

"Tikki? Tikki?! Where are you?" I asked searching. "I'm here, Marinette!" I heard the sleepy voice of her. "Tikki! I'm sorry for waking you up but we need to find Adrien!" she nodded and I transformed.

"Tikki spots on!"

I run across the rooftop feeling the wind in my hair. The tears I cried earlier dried on my cheeks. "Where are you, Adrien?" I looked everywhere. A black spot on the top of a building caught my eye. "Kitty?" I ran towards the spot. "Kitty!" I shouted a little louder. He turned around-

It wasn't Adrien.

"I think it's time to return now." I sighed frustrated letting my head down. When I arrived back at the hotel everything was quiet. Too quiet. I released my transformation but suddenly I heard screams and shouts from the living room.

"What are you thinking? You know how she is feeling right now! I thought you changed!" I pecked around the corner. The girls were standing there. Alya shouting at Chloe.

"I changed! I swear! I know how she must feel but I'm also concern about Adrien! I know where he could be! But I promised him not to tell a single person! I told him that I would take that secret with me into my grave! You just have to trust me!" Both girls were glaring at each other.

"Why would we trust you? It could be one of you tricks that you used to pull on us!" Alya said her voice raised.

"It's hard to believe I know it! But you have to trust me this time! It's for Marinette and Adrien!" Chloe begged. "Fine! But if it's one of your tricks then I will make your death more painful than you can imagine." Alya gave in after a staring contest with Chloe.