19 | Trapped Inside

Start from the beginning

It took a moment for the doors to open, that moment feeling like an eternity. Although, they were thankful to be able to hear again when the doors finally opened fully, revealing the newly formed interior of the horror maze.

"Good luck out there guys," Hope wished his Glademates, before a coy smile grew on his thin lips. "Don't let Joonie over here slow you down."

"Yeah, yeah," Namjoon waved him and his teasing off, "we'll be fine, it's not like none of us have never been in the maze. We know what to expect. We'll be back by midday, just in time for Jin's lunch."

"Don't miss me too much, sunshine!" Jay winked at the boy cheekily, before himself and Namjoon began to run their way into the ivy-littered stone maze. Hope rolled his eyes at his antics, but smiled nonetheless.

"Bye Hope." Amara waved goodbye to the boy with a small smile, before she jogged after the two boys, easily catching them up, leaving Hope behind in the safety of the Glade watching them leave.

If only they knew what would await them inside of the maze. . . maybe then they wouldn't have ran so willingly into its trap.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・༻❁༺⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The usual working sounds of the Glade had awoken Jungkook from the deepest slumber he had endured since he'd arrived at the Glade

The usual working sounds of the Glade had awoken Jungkook from the deepest slumber he had endured since he'd arrived at the Glade. He sat up, rubbing his eyes, trying to shake the heavy grogginess. Giving up, he lay back down, hoping no one would bother him.

It didn't last a minute.

Someone tapped his shoulder and he opened his eyes to see Hope staring down at him, his messy blonde hair disheveled on top of his head, dressed in his usual attire. 'What now?' He thought. . .

"Get up, ya lug." He said.

Jungkook scoffed, turning in his hammock. "Yeah, good morning to you, too. What time is it?"

"Eight o'clock, kookie." Hope said with a mocking smile. "Thought I'd let ya sleep in after such a rough couple of days."

Jungkook rolled into a sitting position, hating that he just couldn't just lie there for another few hours. "How very thoughtful of you." He addressed sarcastically.

Hope laughed before he plopped down beside Jungkook and folded his legs up under himself. He sat quietly for a few moments, looking out at all the hustle-bustle starting to whip up across the Glade. "Gonna put ya with the track-goes today, Greenie. See if that suits your fancy more than slicin' up little piggies and such."

Jungkook held back a groan. He was sick of being treated like a baby. "Aren't you supposed to quit calling me that?"

"What, little piggy?" Hope smiled.

Jungkook forced a laugh and shook his head. "No, Greenie. I'm not really the newest newbie anymore, right? The girl in the coma is. Call her Greenie— my names Jungkook. I told Chuck this yesterday."