"Yes," they all said unison and Esme only sighed in defeat.

Esme had found out her fathers name from her mother's years ago when Esme asked. All she has known was his name and what he did as his job.

"Guess I'm working in the same hospital as my dad. God, he doesn't even know I exist," Esme responded and went to sit on the gurney beside Meredith, who had already sat down.

"He's your dad? This is a lot to take in today. Imagine having the Bella Dubois as your mother and Mark Sloan as your father. God, your so lucky. You know what, your my new best friend," Cristina said in disbelief and Esme only hummed.

•••

ESME had stood with Meredith and George as they stood looking over the charts of a patient who had a trauma injury.

"That girl out there, the dopey, wide-eyed one? Apparently we're related," Meredith spoke up and both Esme and George went to go look towards Lexie.

"Oh, you—you met Lexie?" George stammered at bit as asked Meredith.

"I knew there was some kinda connection between you two! When I met her like two weeks ago, she reminded me so much of you but I just let it go," Esme told her and she felt somewhat happy for Meredith having an actual sister.

"Oh so you knew about her and didn't even tell me?" Meredith said to the two of them in disbelief.

"We're we supposed to know she was sister? No, Meredith. I'm not some mind reader and in George's defense there's a lot going on," Esme responded in a defensive tone before Izzie walked in with her interns.

"This is trauma room one. As you see, it's—there's trauma," Izzie said before she whispered to Esme, George and Meredith.

"Hey, guys, do you need some help? Please tell me you need some help," Izzie asked them, a pleading look on her face.

"It's a little crowded in here already, Iz," Meredith responded before Mark walked into the room making Esme look away from Izzie and onto Mark.

She didn't know who he was at first but then she realized who he was as she saw the looks on Izzie, George and Meredith's faces.

"What do you got for me?" Mark asked as he made his way to the patient.

"Uh, Nancy Walters. Complete amputation." Esme replied back in a calm tone and Mark looked up to see her.

Her furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her noticing that she's new and that she looks familiar. Oddly familiar.

"The baby looks fine, but she's having some contractions," George spoke up as Esme tried to remain calm.

"Hi, Nancy. I'm Dr. Sloan. You mind if I take a look?" Mark asked as Esme paid attention to the the patient instead.

"It's a clean cut," Izzie tried saying as she tried to make her way into the case.

"You want to rub up against me, you gotta buy me a drink first," Mark told her and Izzie scoffed in annoyance.

"Hang antibiotics and put on a sterile, moist dressing. There's a chance at a good recovery here. Do we have an arm?" Mark asked while Meredith and Esme were doing an ultrasound.