George hadn't even known she had a daughter and now he knows.

And then George widened his eyes when he heard the name Sloan.

Did Mark have a daughter? George thought to himself.

"It's um nice to meet you, Esme," George greeted her and Esme smiled back.

•••

Season Four, Episode One

ESME had walked down the hallways with her interns behind her taking notes as she talked about the rules.

"Listen, if I'm sleeping please don't wake me. Because sleep is very important to me. You don't wake me unless a patient is dying. Is that clear?" Esme told them before they all nodded.

Esme let out a small breath and only hoped to god this day would go well.

•••

Esme had walked down the stairs and managed to make it somewhere where her interns were not.

They seemed fine and smart to her surprise. She was only glad she didn't have dumb interns.

Esme had made it to an abandoned hallway and saw four people sitting together on a gurney.

Esme was about to walk away before she saw an familiar face which made her gasp.

"Meredith Grey, is that you?" Esme shouted and they all snapped their heads to look at her.

"Esme! What are you doing here?" Meredith asked as she jumped off the gurney to run over to Esme.

The two of them hugged for a short while as Cristina, Alex and Izzie just looked confused.

"Um, Meredith who is this?" Cristina asked, a confused look on her face at who Esme was.

The two women had soon broke apart with smiles on their faces and the turned to the three others.

"This is Esme," Meredith introduced her, "Esme that's Cristina. That's Alex. And that's Izzie. There all second year residents here."

"I'm Esme Dubois-Sloan. I'm a second year transfer from Mercy West," Esme greeted and the small group of three felt their jaws dropping especially Cristina.

"Dubois? As in Bella Dubois?" Cristina asked, an eager look on her face.

"Yeah. That's my mom. Shocking right?" Esme told them in a calm tone and Cristina could only feel her heart jump at the thought of her knowing her idols daughter.

"Nevermind that. Did you just say Sloan?" Alex asked and Esme snapped her head to look at him.

"Yeah. That's my second last name. Why do you ask?" Esme asked him, trying not to look confused.

"Because the Head of Plastic Surgery is Mark Sloan. You got the same last name as him," Izzie responded and Esme felt her eyes widen.

"Mark Sloan? As in one of the best plastic surgeons from the east coast. Specifically used to work in New York?" Esme asked, really really not wanting them to say yes.