Chapter Eighteen: Movie Night

Start from the beginning

Chat felt his face turn red as the girl he had just tried to confess his love to just invited him in her room.

"Y-yeah sure..."

"Awesome!" Marinette said as she clapped her hands together. "Stay right there I just need to clean up."

"Marinette what are you doing!" Tikki squeaked.

"One movie can't hurt right?" Marinette said playfully as she hid the miracle box from behind her computer to under her bed's mattress. It fit just perfectly fort no one to see. She cushioned the vibrant box that was showing with her giant cat pillow on her bed. She sighed. "You'd think we would have found a better place for this box..."

"Princess?" A voice questioned from above.

Marinette scrambled down her room grabbed some extra blankets and pillows, to make a mess on the floor.

"Come in!"

Chat came in trying to maintain his confidence but he looked more sheepish and nervous if anything.

"What's wrong Chaton?" She said cupping his face.

Chat's face went even redder. She rolled her eyes.

She patted the space next to her in a puddle of blankets on the floor of her bedroom. He hopped down, before almost stealing a glance at something under her bed.

"Hey what's that?"

Now Marinette's face went red. The miracle box. Shit. She was an idiot. She really needed a better place to put it.

Chat had began to climb up the ladder to her bed again, to investigate.

Right before, Marinette pulled on his tail to stall and he came crashing down on the floor. The pillows at the bottom cushioned the blow, thankfully. She couldn't help but smile at how adorable he was when he was in shock.

"Hey!"

"What? Didn't you know curiosity killed the cat?" She teased extending an arm to help him up. She had tried to play that as cool as possible. So that he wouldn't find out that she was secretly his partner that rejected him for three years and was only finding now that she was attracted to him.

Instead he smirked and pulled her down with him.

"Chat!"

She began to laugh and move against him to stand up, but he had pinned her down on the cushions and blankets on the floor. The were giggling and moving against each other, but every time one of them got up they would pull the other right back down.

Both stopped for a minute and realized the position that they found themselves in. Marinette was on top of Chat.

Chat had his hands securely wrapped around her waist and her hands were pressed against his chest. They both were breathing heavy from the game that they had found themselves in and their lidded eyes met each other.

Marinette felt herself lean down on top of him. Her hands moved from his chest to his thick golden locks of hair. She tugged on them lightly as he purred.

Chat snatched her waist and brought her closer to him. Marinette wiggled her hips to adjust and found herself in a straddling position. They stayed there for a while. Watching their breaths sync up right before she finally cupped his face and leaned in-

"Marinette! Is everything okay up there!"

Both froze. Marinette quickly got up, much to Chat's displeasure.

"Y-yeah Mom! We-we're fine!"

"We? Who's we? And what were those thuds?"

Marinette and Chat both felt themselves tense up and exchanged looks.

"Oh! Did I say w-we? I meant uhhhh... Alya! Yeah Alya was on FaceTime with me when I dropped my math books from my bed..?" She looked at Chat for help. He shrugged and gave her a thumbs up with a wink.

(A/N: It scared me to write that tbh...)

-Le Time Skip-

They had watched a good amount of movies together in the past couple hours. They had found themselves on Marinette's chaise by the end of the night. Marinette had fallen asleep in Chat's arms. He smiled. How could someone make his heart do kart wheels even when they weren't even awake?

He smiled. Everything had gone so fast... Four months ago they had come back from New York and he was confessing his love for Ladybug one last time and now-

It had been a blur but in the end... It took him a while but the girl that he had cradled in his arms, he loved her. Chat felt his heart ache a bit knowing that she cut him off before he could tell her. It also ached from knowing that when they were on the ground he wanted to kiss her so bad but her mom almost caught them. Still, anytime with this girl was amazing.

Even as Adrien. He secretly thought that him fainting in class today was a blessing. She had cared so much that she had stayed in the infirmary with him and he regained some of her friendship.

Her room was now completely dark as he turned off the lights. It was a good thing that he could see in the dark or they would both be toast right now. He chuckled as he gently placed her on her bed and under the blankets. He was about to leave quietly when his ring beeped. He silently cursed himself.

Marinette slowly began to stir and saw a pair of green eyes staring back at her in the dark. She smiled and tried to feel out in the darkness for his body so she could give him a hug. He greatly accepted it and wrapped his arms around her petite figure.

If he had broken away he would've seen the miracles box right in behind her. But, sadly, he didn't. While they were hugging, Marinette had managed to maneuver her body in such a way that he wouldn't see it and that her whole body was covering on it. Sneaky.

"Goodbye Princess" he said breaking the hug.

"Chat?" She questioned out in the dark.

"Please don't leave me again... c-can you promise me that you'll always come back?"

The air was stiff and the question hang in the air.

Marinette thought he might have left. It was pitch black after all.

Chat felt a tear slip down his cheek as he finally spoke breaking the silence.

"Princess, I will always be here for you. Always. Always and forever."

-End of Chapter 18-