Chapter 71, The Good, The Bad & The Uchiha

Start from the beginning

"Red Butterfly Technique?", someone echoed, which I completely disregarded.

"Warn us?! From what?!", Homura demands, slamming his palms onto the surface of the table as his chair drags out from his abrupt move. I reply by pelting a glare his way, activating that menacing red hue of my eyes, which made him sink back in his seat.

"Calm down!", Shikaku tells Homura, his own face sweating with anxiety.

Still looking at him with that loath full glare, I grit my teeth together, contemplating whether I should reply.

These four walls were drenched in utter silence as no one dared to lift a finger. The room held its breath, waiting for my reply.

"If you want the answer to that so badly, then I demand that you bring Danzo Shimura to justice and punish him for his despicable crimes".

"Itachi, this is a serious matter, we are not joking", Inoichi Yamanaka, who I didn't recognize up until now sternly stressed on each syllable. I turn in his direction in the blink of an eye and narrow my eyes.

"Neither am I ", I stressed on each syllable.

A round of gasps were exchanged between the people present at the table as they began whispering to each other.

"And we should let you off the hook?!"

My head whips around in the opposite direction, where a member of the Police Force was out of his seat, his face fuming with anger.

I turn in the direction where my father's eyes remain on me with anticipation.

I had already taken the decision the moment I decided to take the leap for Hanabi. All that we've done so far was for each other's sake and so I know that without a doubt, if I take this leap then so will Hanabi.

"I won't ask you to take me lightly. Hell I wouldn't even ask you to pardon me because the scope of the position I was put in from both sides is beyond your comprehension unless you put yourself in my shoes", I assert, earning a perplexed expression from the Uchiha clan.

I drag my eyes along members of my clan as I address, "you can take me into custody all you want, tear me, break me, but don't think I'll stay silent in the face of injustice".

"And right now, if you want to know what Hanabi warned us about, then you have to oblige my request".

"Itachi if the warning Hanabi gave out concerns the welfare of the village then I suggest you spit it out!", Koharu asserted.

"There you go again", I narrowed my eyes, "always prioritizing the village instead of those who give it their all to ensure the safety of it".

I sighed in disappointment, but began speaking again.

"But all I'm asking",I twirl my head again, " all I'm requesting from you, higher ups is to retrieve back one of your own kind..."

"Bring back the girl who sparked hope in me and convinced me that peace is something far from an unachievable notion"

I turn in the Hidden Leaf's council direction.

"Bring back the girl who loves and cherishes this village and still does after all she's endured".

I twirl on my heel towards my own clan members.

"Bring back the girl who acknowledged the Uchiha as a clan worthy of praise and prosperity".

My eyes flew to father's and they soften, "Bring back the girl who knocked some sense into me".

I spun on my heel again and halted to look Hiruzen straight in the eyes as I somewhat pleaded,"Bring back the girl who still carries The Founder's Will of Fire despite what she's endured and suffered from it".