Chapter 12: The Package

Start from the beginning

"Haha... yeah... weddings..." Ash muttered quietly in a nervous manner. The mention of weddings made him wonder about his own wedding that would potentially take place in the future. He thought of every detail, such as the guests, the arrangements, the food, the tuxedo and wedding dress, the beautiful bride... 

A slight tint of red blush had made itself at home on Ash's face. Why was he thinking about his future wedding when he doesn't even have a girlfriend... yet...

"Ash, is something wrong there?" Misty asked the raven-haired teenager, which caused Ash to look back at her. "You kind of zoned out for a moment there."

"Huh...? What do you mean?" Ash choked out. He looked at his two oldest traveling companions to see concerned looks on their faces. How long was he spacing out for, exactly? Before he could question his friends, he heard a familiar voice.

"So Mimey, are Ash and his friends home yet?" Delia asked the barrier Pokémon.

Ash, Misty, and Brock then glanced over to see Delia Ketchum walking into the living room. She was apparently hard at work in the kitchen, preparing a delicious dinner to celebrate her son's return home from Vermilion City.

"Hello, you three. I know you guys must have had an eventful day at Professor Oak's, so I prepared a big meal for us." Delia said as she finally noticed the group standing in the living room. "Come on, let's go to the dining room."

Delia led the group towards the dining room where the dining table full of Ash's favorite food was located. Ash and Pikachu were brimming with joy at the sight of all the food to the point where they were practically drooling.

"Okay everyone. Grab a seat and let's dig in." Delia insisted as she sat down on a chair. "There's a lot of food for everyone, so don't be shy."

"Thank you, mom." Ash said as he started getting himself a plate. There was an assortment of food that he couldn't wait to eat. 

"Thanks so much, Mrs. Ketchum." Brock and Misty thanked her, as they grabbed a seat next to Ash. Misty sat on the chair to Ash's left, while Broc sat on the chair that was located on Ash's right side.

"It's not a problem at all. I enjoy cooking and one day Ash's future wife will be taking over my responsibilities." Delia said with an innocent smile. At that moment, Ash was drinking water and nearly spat it all out on Pikachu.

"PIKA PIKA!" Pikachu squeaked aggressively at his trainer as if he was cussing his trainer out.

"My bad, Pikachu. I guess I got surprised..." Ash apologized with an embarrassed grin. Pikachu nodded and continued to eat his food.

"So Ash," Brock turned to his raven-haired friend to start up a conversation. "Misty and I have decided that we will be going to the World Coronation Series Tournament to support you." This perked up Ash's interest as he stopped eating to look at his longtime friends.

"Thanks, guys, you are the best. I was actually going to invite all my traveling companions and friends if possible to come, the ones that aren't already in the tournament anyways." Ash said.

"So which of your friends are going to be participating, Ash?" Delia asked her son with a sense of curiosity. "I know Gary is one of them."

"Well, as far as I know, I know that Gary, Paul, Barry, Iris, Trip, Clemont, Korrina, Sawyer, Alain, Gladion, Hau, and Bea are all eligible to compete. They are all skillful trainers in their own right since they made it to the top 999 in the rankings." Ash said. He then looked at his food, deep in his thoughts before continuing.

"That's not even considering the trainers I haven't seen in a while. Like maybe Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias, and Virgil. The people who won or beat me in the Indigo, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova Leagues respectively during the times I competed. Then there are the champions and Elite Four that are guaranteed to be there from all across the regions. There is big competition, so that's why I need to train hard with all my Pokémon." Ash stated as he put more food in his mouth.