"...why did you do that?" I ask, breaking the silent and looking at her intently.

"And why did you kiss me back...?" She stares back at me.

"I ask you first."

"Fine." She sighs. "I just feel like... I need to do that to get you understand my true feelings. If I just keep talking, you might not want to hear me and choose to leave this room."

Well, she isn't wrong. That might be thing I'd do.

"Listen, Etsu-kun. I... really enjoy your dish actually. If I were to eat it NOT in this current condition, uh... you might really see the kind of reaction you wanted..."

Now I didn't really expect that.

"But we're on a different team right now. I don't want to make my team worry, so I had to hold back my reaction." She continues hesitantly. "You know, if I was the judge... I would vote for your win. Although Takumi's dish was amazing, I still prefer your dish today." She says shyly while averting her eyes.

"......"

I just stay silent and look at her dumbfounded. I'm not really expecting this confession. I thought she has left my side. I thought she wants to get rid of me so she could live the school life happily with her juniors. I thought-

"Hey." Her voice snaps me from my thoughts. "...have any comment? You make me nervous by standing there and just looking at me without saying anything..."

Comment... yeah, there's one thing that I really want to say to her right now. And that is... "Idiot."

"What?!" She seems mad and embarrassed judging by her reddening face.

"I said..." I walk closer to her. "You're an idiot."

And with that, I close the gap again by embracing her in my arms. This time, I take the initiative to kiss her. Now it's her turn to become frozen by my action. I smirk as I feel her lips tremble into mine.

"Heh, cat got your tongue? Where's the confident girl who dare to steal a kiss from me before?" I give a smug smirk, making her annoyed.

"Y-you...! What does that kiss supposed to mean??" She yells with red face only amused me more.

"Well, what do you think it was~?"

"I was the one who confess first, and now you want me to guess about your answer too? I feel like I'm the guy here and you're the girl~" She says in mocking tone.

"What did you say?!" I pinch both her cheeks.

"Heeyy no violence!!" She pinches back my hands who pinch her cheeks.

"Ow ow ow fine!!" I let go of her cheeks after she pinches me so hard it starts to get real hurts. Damn.

"Okay." I take a deep breath and release it. "It seems like... I... l-like you too..." My voice died down, but I do hope she hears that because I'm not repeating it! That's embarrassing!

"......" She just blinks at me without saying anything.

"W-what, don't tell me you don't hear what I say?!"

"Hmm Etsu-kun?"

"Yeah..."

"Did I say 'I like you' in my confession? I thought I just say 'I want you to understand my true feelings', but does that mean I like you?" She said with innocent face.

"WHAT?!" I scream in pure shock.

I feel like my head would burst from such embarrassment. I-isn't 'true feeling' usually refers to love?! Or is it just me?! FUUU** WHAT HAVE I DONE?

While debating with myself in my thought, I hear a loud, satisfied laugh from the girl in front me.

"Oh my God, Etsu-kun. I can't hold my laugh any longer!!" She clutches her stomach while still laughing her ass off.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!" I shout at her angrily.

"Aawww I'm so sorry, Etsu-kun~ I just want you to pay back for making me confess like that. Don't worry! In fact, I do really like you!" She hugs me happily.

THIS. WOMAN!!

I could feel the veins in my face could pop at any moment. But seeing her so happy like that... seeing that I could finally claim her to be mine... it makes all my anger go away and replaced with happiness itself.

I let out a deep sigh. "Just this once, woman. I'll forgive you just this once." I hug her back.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll keep that in mind... my yankee*~"

I just growl at her adorableness. Damn she knows well how to make me blush.

******

*yankee = Japanese delinquent