Chapter 38 - Melody

Start from the beginning

"I appreciate that. I think getting the perspective of someone who has experienced something my character is going through is helpful. The script can only take me so far." She took a sip of her tea and ate another bite of her cookie. "Sunny, they told me that you are quite a bit older than Minhyuk. You don't look it. You are actually quite beautiful."

"Oh well... thank you! Were you expecting a shriveled old lady?" Her compliment took me off guard and I giggled. I took a sip of my tea to cover my awkwardness.

"I wasn't sure what to expect, honestly. I mean he is so handsome that I would expect him to be with an attractive person, but the age difference threw me off." She smiled as she took a bite of cookie.

"It isn't that common, I suppose. In many ways it is frowned upon here. We have been lucky that people have been so accepting of our relationship. It was a bit rough in the beginning when he first announced it. The fans were split. Most supported us, but there were those who did the opposite. I guess any celebrity has this problem when they date or get married, but in Korea it seems to be worse because of the way the fans perceive their idols."

"You seem to act younger too. Maybe that is part of it. Not that you aren't mature, but your personality is young. Wow, that sounded awkward... I am sorry. Sometimes my words sound better in my head. That is why I have a publicist!"

I laughed, "I get what you are saying. And I agree. I believe that age is just a number. In my heart I am still 20-something. Minhyuk and the guys make me feel younger too. They have this incredible energy and it is contagious."

"Yeah, I felt that from him yesterday when we met. The other members are that way too?"

"When they are together? Most definitely. Minhyuk is the most intense though. They are the sweetest, most humble men you will ever meet. And they are all devastatingly handsome. Every. Single. One. So be prepared."

"I admit that I was only vaguely familiar with them until this song. I have since started listening to their music and really enjoy it, especially the English albums. It is a bit hard on my ears to listen to the Korean ones. It sounds like a bunch of curse words to me."

"It does take some adjustment at first. I did not know any of the language or customs when I started listening. But music is a universal language. You don't have to understand the words to feel the emotion behind them."

"That is a really beautiful sentiment. I like that."

My phone dinged and I read the text.

Sorry we are late
We ran over a bit
Almost there

Melody is here

We are having cookies and tea
Yes, I made enough for everyone 😊
Be careful

I love you ❤💕💋

I love you too ❤💕💋

"They will be here any time. They ran a bit later than they thought."

"Oh good. Minhyuk mentioned that they had a tight schedule the next few days. I appreciate them making time for me." Her eyes darted from mine to one of the photographs on the wall behind me. I noticed she had been glancing around at the artwork on the walls as we talked.

"Would you like to look around?"

"Oh yes, I would that. I have been admiring these gorgeous prints. Who are they?"

"They are me... er, mine. I took them. And the paintings are Minhyuk's." She looked shocked.

"Wow, they are incredible. Are you a professional?"