SECRETS

Your lessons didn't start until later on in the afternoon so in the morning Katie invited you to the Gryffindor common room to study transfigurations together. The living area of the Gryffindor common room was decorated with warm oak furnishings and red fabrics to tie in the house colours.

You both sat comfortably on cushions in front of the burning fire.

"I can't believe what happened in potions yesterday Y/n" Katie frowned.

"I honestly have no idea what happened to be honest" You sighed as you looked up at Katie from your transfigurations book.

"When you left, Professor Snape sat at his desk for the rest of the lesson and didn't say a word to us. I think he felt bad for how he treated you" Katie said as she flicked over the page in her book.

"You think he felt bad?" You asked with a surprised tone.

"Well I don't know for sure but he seemed really glum after you left" Katie replied as she picked up her quill.

You nodded at Katie, it made you wonder if Snape's cold act is truly genuine or not.

Katie started drawing the wand movements diagram from the textbook so you picked up your quill and began to copy the diagrams together.

Harry and Ron walked into the common room laughing at each other, you both looked up at them.

"Y/n, you didn't tell me you've joined Gryffindor" Harry smirked.

"Imagine that! Y/n put on my robe quickly I want to see you in our house colours" Katie commanded with a big smile as she passed you her robe.

You stood up and swapped your Slytherin robe for Katie's Gryffindor one. It was strange to look down and see yourself in red.

"Come on, do a twirl" Katie laughed.

You spun around gracefully on the spot while Harry, Ron and Katie clapped and cheered for you.

"Maybe you'll actually win more than one quidditch match now Y/n" Ron chuckled.

You picked up your wand and pointed it at Ron quickly with a angry expression pretending to be serious.

"Bloody hell Y/n I was only joking! Put your robe back on you're definitely a Slytherin" Ron said with a shaky voice hiding behind Harry.

You started smiling and you all laughed hysterically.

"I thought you was being serious there for a second" Ron said laughing nervously, Harry hit Ron's shoulder playfully rolling his eyes.

Later on your way to transfigurations with Katie you noticed Snape walking ahead of you, he stopped and entered into a cupboard swiftly.

As you both walked by you looked in noticing Snape climbing up a stepladder reaching for a potion vial, the cupboard was full of various sized vials and equipment. Snape turned glancing at you as he cast the door to slam shut, the sound of the slamming door echoed down the corridor.

You and Katie looked at each other.

"Professor Snape always looks like he's up to something" Katie said as you both continued walking to transfigurations.

You nodded slowly while in thought.

At the end of transfigurations class, McGonagall walked up to you holding two potions books.

"My dear, would you mind taking these to Professor Snape at all on your way back to the dungeons please? I didn't get round to doing it earlier after I borrowed them" McGonagall asked with a sweet smile.