TRUST ME

ⓘ Death

The next evening you left the room of requirement after finishing your final session in Dumbledore's secret army walking ahead of everyone to avoid being involved in their chatter. You were finding it difficult to be able to converse normally with your friends feeling guilty of them not knowing who you truly are.

As it was late the castle was quiet, you headed off in the opposite direction back towards the dungeons.

On the way you stopped in your tracks from a sharp sting coming from underneath the band of your ring again. You cried out a little in pain shaking your hand looking down at it confused.

Again?

You suddenly heard a sinister chuckle in the distance which sounded all too familiar followed by a stern hush from a male voice, you darted your head back beginning to panic but could see no one around.

As you turned to continue back to the dungeons Snape appeared making you gasp in shock, he grabbed onto your arm you and pulled you into the nearest cupboard quickly.

Snape held his finger up to his lips to indicate you to be quiet, you looked at him breathing heavily worrying what was going on.

"Draco you have to do it now" Bellatrix said as she walked down the corridor with Draco.

You froze in fear hearing the sound of Bellatrix's voice.

"Be quiet Bella" Draco said sternly trying to keep his voice down.

You looked at Snape instantly, you saw his face drop.

"We have no more time left, it is now or never Draco" Bellatrix moaned as they walked past the cupboard you were hiding in with Snape.

As their footsteps became quieter Snape looked at you, you could see his breathing gradually getting faster making you worry even more.

"Y/n do you trust me?" Snape asked holding your arms looking into your eyes.

You looked away for a few moments, Snape followed your eyes.

"Do you?" Snape asked again.

"Yes I do" You replied nodding then suddenly hugging him tightly.

Snape was caught off guard by your hug, he hugged you back gently rubbing your back a little but then pushed you away seconds later groaning in pain from his dark mark calling him.

"Stay here" Snape commanded then immediately leaving the cupboard.

You stood listening to Snape's footsteps rush down the corridor while arguing with your thoughts as to whether you should stay or follow him. You didn't want to disobey Snape but your conflicting thoughts and unanswered questions only made you want to.

You pulled your wand out gripping it tightly by your side, you ran to see if you could see where Snape had gone. You noticed the edge of Snape's cloak turn the corner leading up to the astronomy tower.

You ran up the stairs looking up watching him ahead.

As you entered the astronomy tower you instantly stopped in your tracks in shock of seeing Draco, he was holding his wand pointing it to Dumbledore while shaking.

Dumbledore held his hands up to Draco.

"You are no assassin Draco" Dumbledore frowned.

"You don't know what I am" Draco trembled.

You watched Bellatrix walk over to Draco.

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order, don't you?" Dumbledore said looking at Bellatrix.