Chapter 70, Tenchi Bridge

Start from the beginning

Does he hate me for what I did to Shisui?

Maybe my life was ruined and maybe I can never be happy again. But if I knew that those I care about got to live happily, then I'd happily sacrifice myself.

My feelings don't matter in this case. It doesn't matter how I feel about Itachi because at the end of the day, things had to turn out this way.

My only regret is that I couldn't get to spend more time with Itachi...

The few memories we have together will always be there to painfully remind me of how much more we could've had, and how little we got. These four vertical lines that run along my wrist will always hold the pain from that night.

How Itachi had screamed out after me as I was supposed to fall to my inevitable death. His painful scream still rings back in my ears.

I miss everyone back in the village. I miss Itachi more than anyone. I don't ever want to change the way we met, how we got to know each other or what we endured.

I just wish I could get to see him one more time, then let it come what may.

Right now, I'd give just about anything to go back to that day at the clearing, or the bridge, even the hospital. I just want to relive one of the few memories I have with him.

We might be two polar opposites, but our personalities click together perfectly, and that's all that matters.

But he will find someone else...he has to—he has to move on from the past. I'm just a ghost of his past, but so is he.

But no matter what, I just can't seem to forget him and something tells me that he can't neither.

"Hanabi?", my head jerks up again in Madara's direction again as I give him all ears.

"Check the area for any signs of chakra", he orders, his voice holding that hint of authority in it.

"Right", I say as I crouch down and push two fingers in the dirt.

My shoulders not only tense, but rage fills me when I sense the presence of the two criminals nearby.

"They're here", I whisper, not knowing how I should feel.

I'll get to know the face behind the mask...

Whoever Madara Uchiha really is, I just feel like that'll be another blow to my life.

He'd told me about my mother and also taught me The Red Butterfly Technique. He said that my mother was among the few who obtained the Mangekyō Sharingan, but the way she got her Sharingan left me in utter tears.

He'd told me the real reason why my mother was called The Red Butterfly. And the deadly Jutsu that she conjured all by herself.

It's a shame I didn't get to meet my parents. What hurts more is that our first reunion was in the middle of a battle. I always knew for a fact that the only time I'll get to meet them is in death.

So as I fell off of the cliff, the only thing I was looking forward to was to meet them again.

But that too, didn't happen...

The wind howled past me, taking away a few strands of hair that framed my face.

"Tell me", I direct my question at Madara, "are you sure you can handle the snake?".

In response, I hear him smirk and he scoffs, "you're seriously asking that to person who unleashed the Nine-Tails on the Leaf?", he said it like it was something to be proud of.

Whoever is behind that mask, I'll not refrain from clawing your neck.

"I hate you", I curse under my breath.

"Yeah I figured".

"Both of you, stop it, they've appeared", Zetzu chirps in, making me clench my jaw and tense up.

"Well Hanabi? Are you ready to give Danzo a taste of his own medicine?".

I chuckle to myself and inform, "don't be silly, it's not like you haven't sat through all my ranting and talks of killing him for the past four years".

I can sense it. The two chakras that are heading to the bridge.

This time, vengeance is mine.

"I'll deal with Orochimaru first, then I'll let you enjoy torturing Danzo all by yourself", Madara declares, earning a simple nod from me.

Then, in the next few deciding moments, Madara had disappeared from beside me and chaos was knocking at our door.

Hopefully, Itachi had picked up on my messages, and hopefully, he'll know what to do...

___________________________________

A/N:- forgive me if this chapter sucked, but I wasn't in the right mind today. To repay you guys I'll let you decide if you want the next chapter to be a continuation of this chapter or what happened in chapter 69. Have a nice day✨✨Also there's an artwork of Hanabi coming up so watch out✨✨

~A