24. The queer silence

Happy Reading!
:)

The party soon wrapped up and everyone left, there were only few people apart from family

The party soon wrapped up and everyone left, there were only few people apart from family. Mostly they were happy; the marriage announcement had got them excited.

Rudra was the happiest person among all, he already started planning to give Annika a special welcome into the family; Om noticed something off between the couple but, shrugged it off as nervousness.

Shivaay had not seen Annika after she went down the stage. He owed her a big explanation and he didn't know if she was ready for it. Only when he asked about Annika, everyone noticed her absence.

When they didn't find her anywhere around the venue, fear started settling in. Aruna dadi who was already disappointed with whatever happened had said that she would never forgive anyone if anything happened to Annika. Saumya and Sahil were a crying mess, Om and Rudra tried to console them, but nothing worked.

Gauri knew better, sitting there and wasting time in discussing the possibility of what might have happened and screaming over the phone was utterly useless; she decided to go and search for Annika herself. Informing her parents was not an option, even if she did; they will not allow her to go anywhere. Shivaay was too angry to be approached, he was literally killing the security team with words. The only option was Omkara.

She called Om and asked him to come out, when she informed him about the same, he decided to accompany her; Gauri didn't want that, but if she refused he would not allow her, so she agreed. Om quickly typed a message to someone and tagged along her.

They had checked all the places that Annika went in the past month; they had also checked Vidhi's home. When they informed Mallika about it, she had took it upon her to go to college and to all her friends only to be disappointed; she had asked Gauri to check whether she had reached home. They were sceptical about it, but as time passed they decided to check there once.

***

Gauri and Om opened the door with the spare key. The servants had already retired after work. The entire house was dark with no sign of anyone, she stumbled and managed to find the switch and turned on the light. They went and checked her room, terrace garden area but, Annika was nowhere.

Gauri was almost losing her calm, she wanted to cry but that will not bring back her sister. She had somewhat guessed that Annika was not happy with the marriage. The Annika she knew would get excited for even a small thing, but she barely smiled throughout the whole evening.

"She would be alright, right?" Gauri asked Omkara as she slumped down on the couch almost on the verge of crying.

Omkara sighed. He didn't know the answer too, but he hoped that she was alright.

"She will be fine Gauri, we'll bring her home." He said kneeling before her.

She hummed her eyes brimming with tears.