26. Strangers and Smiles

It's quite a short chapter, will make the next one a little longer.

Happy Reading!

:)

The sunset of Seychelles found a very exhausted Annika sleeping with her head buried under the pillow

The sunset of Seychelles found a very exhausted Annika sleeping with her head buried under the pillow. The island welcomed her with a sky full of colours above her head and sugar-white sand under her feet. The resort she stayed provided an amazing view of the sea, the azure water that stretched before her made her a happy little child.

She had slept the entire day she landed and woke up only by midnight. She didn't regret sleeping for so long; it relaxed her body and mind considerately.

She thought to hit the nightclub but decided against it. She definitely didn't want to get drunk and end up with a very bad hangover the next day. So she decided to prepare her own itinerary. Vidhi had apparently prepared one, but that was jam packed like her everyday schedule. Half way into it, she had dozed off again.

Annika had informed her dadi that she was going on a vacation. When dadi said that she was upset over her recent behaviour, Annika cleverly dodged the topic.

She had also sent an official mail to the company, just a night before her flight. She initially thought to keep the location a secret, but her father had sources and that only meant trouble.

***

Annika woke-up the next day too early in the morning, the pale orange sky announced the arrival of the sun. She lay in the bed, looking out of the window, the water outside was serene and the birds were chirping blissfully, the air had joy mixed with it. Annika inhaled deeply and let the moment absorb her entire being. That was an amazing start to a day.

Annika had freshened up and decided to get her breakfast done in the beach restaurant that was a kilometre away, a slow cycling through the way proved to be worth the fun. The road was a little bumpy but, the view with the stretched blue water on her right and lush green forest on her left was surreal. The restaurant had amazing food, overlooking the sea; she couldn't help but click a picture or two of the view she was bestowed with.

***

Annika had a very eventful day, with her visiting the parks and some extremely tranquil beaches. The night soon arrived and her guide had arranged for a dinner with the natives living nearby. To say, Annika felt more than welcomed, the people were more than humble, they all stuck to either French or English throughout the dinner and that warmed her heart. There were other travellers from different part of the world too. They sang together, danced together, shared food and drinks, voiced their thoughts and laughed at the something that no one would consider it a joke.

A strong sense of affection hit her; language was not a barrier to express love or gratitude, the presence of the same alone would do the charm. Annika was not sad that these kinds of dinners would not happen every day but she was content.