30. She Who Slays

Shivaay was shocked would be an understatement, the Annika he saw that day was not the one he knew. The Annika he knew would be considerate, kind and understanding even to a stranger. This woman was not, she wanted what she wanted. 

When Mishra had informed that Annika was here to meet him, he was mentally prepared for the questions that he thought she would ask him, he thought he owed her an explanation and she was angry. This just came out of nowhere. He just wanted to postpone his wedding and he prepared himself to convince Annika for the same, but the tables turned way too fast. Did he underestimate her way too much?

Shivaay had dealt with so many persons like her, mostly they were rivals and he can very well use his wit to crush them, but this was the first time he came across someone who was once his best friend; He was used to having tough people by his side and not against him. This was entirely new for him. 

But, on second thoughts was she against him? She just wanted an agreement which was fair, even he could get sheltered under the agreement, it didn't seem like a bad idea too. The actual problem here is the family, if only they came to know about them entering into a contract marriage, they would be disappointed and the business as well as the personal relationship between the families would be strained, which he didn't want.

With all these thoughts occupying his mind, he couldn't concentrate on getting his work done, the Saraswathi Steels was still an issue and that was eating up his head, his bade papa wanted him to assume responsibility and clear out the entire thing and that is a mess. He definitely need to act quick and settle down the issue.

With these thoughts running in his mind he came home only to find Annika surrounded by his family in the living room. She was keenly listening to something that Rudra was telling and then suddenly everyone burst out laughing.

What was she doing here?  He really hoped she didn't mess up with his version of excuse on her disappearance that day.

"What's so funny?" He asked as he came around and settled near Dadi looking at her intently.

"Shivaay, you came! We were waiting for you! Why were you late?" Pinky asked.

"Had something important to finish before calling it a day, ma!"

"I hope you decided everything Shivaay!" Annika said with a smug smile on her face.

"What decision?" Om asked, now curious.

"Well... Annika had asked me to pick our Honeymoon destinations, so yeah!" he said smirking. 

He saw the colour on her face drain and a wave of shock settle in. Well, two could play this game.

"Wooow! This news is just amazing!" Rudra cried in happiness.

"Tone down Rudy!" Om tried to control his over excited brother.

"Interesting! I thought Shivaay wanted to postpone the wedding when we last spoke, aye Shakthi?" Tej said relaxing back on his seat. Shakthi shook his head in agreement.

"Really! Shivaay, what's wrong and Annika, what's with you?" Pinky asked.

"Pinky ma! I'm as surprised as you are." Annika said and looked at him.

"Well! Ma, it's just nothing! I was a bit worried about this Saraswathi steels thing occupying my entire schedule, it's now kind of sorted, So I'm fine."

"What is this Tej, why would you put him under so much pressure? Couldn't you just help him out?" Jhanvi questioned Tej.

"Arrey! When did I? and about the helping part, even I have to deal with many things, right shakthi?"