17. And they Execute

Once outside, Annika pulled her hand slowly from his hold. He suddenly stopped and looked at her.

"Do you want me to drive or should we take the driver?", He asked.

Annika was still busy with what she was doing and she didn't listen to what he was saying. Only when she didn't answer, Shivaay looked at her trying to do something.

He immediately left her hand with a small jerk.

"I'm sorry. I.. I forgot that, I was holding.. I'm really...", He mumbled.

"It's ok Shivaay! If not for us holding hands, they would have not allowed us go together", Annika sighed.

"Let go Annika, do you want me to drive?", He asked again.

"Can we please go in my car? Ask your driver to pick you up there", Annika asked hoping him to say that, he had no problem.

"Whoa! That's a solid plan Ms. Trivedi. You've become so sneaky", he looked on surprised.

"Is that a yes?", She grinned at him.

"But, I'll drive!", He declared.

"Oh! That you should, I've to run a final check on the presentation", she said as she walked ahead. He followed shaking his head.

*

The drive was extremely silent, Annika had dismissed the idea of playing the songs. She was looking into the files and then her presentation for any deviations. The traffic was at its peak. It would atleast take them another thirty minutes to reach there.

"I should have asked Ramesh to drive", he said irritated.

"That was your call", Annika said shrugging her shoulders as she made a change.

"Hey.. you wanted me to drive. I would have replied to my mails meanwhile", he was getting restless.

Shivaay thought that he could talk to her about her ignorant behaviour towards him, once they were alone. But, this girl had cleverly devised a strategy to avoid that.

He smirked. If she's playing, he is a player too. He has his ways to get back at things, that are going out of his hands. 'Oh! Poor Annika', he thought.

They soon reached and he got down.

"Why are you coming?", Annika asked surprised.

"Business Annika. I've to know what my potential competitor is upto", he said walking ahead.

"Spying on us Mr. Oberoi?", She asked walking along with him.

"Anything done right under your nose is not called spying, is it?", He asked as he took the stairs, that lead to her dad's office.

"Yeah, Whatever. Bye!", She said as she waited for the elevator.

Annika had lots going on in her mind to concentrate on what he was upto. She cleverly avoid the talk during the drive. She also knew that he was not going to let go this topic anytime, without a proper confrontation.

But, she was curious to know what he was upto and asked Vidhi to find out what they were talking. But, that had man left even before Vidhi could reach there. Annika sighed. He definitely had something planned for her.

It was almost quarter past three when the meeting with the models winded up. Everything went as they had planned, the board approved of their choice, and the contract was signed successfully.

She decided to have her lunch, and look into the production activities that was in full swing. She received a report that the pre-orders were more than the estimation they had made and their labour force could not sustain that.

Annika was surprised to see that the orders were double in numbers, than the projected ones. She made quick calculations and sent notice to every branch, stating them to recruit more labours before the launch. She can't take the risk of last minute decisions. And also, the current workers were asked to work overtime with a proper pay.

The meeting with the production department was extended to an hour, with them discussing over the new changes in the techniques and the importation of machinery and other related decisions.

As soon as she finished the meeting, her mom had called to meet her at her dad's cabin. Annika took the reports of the progress they have made so far along with her, in case that was why they had called her.

She knocked and then entered.

"You don't have to knock Annika", her father said. She rolled her eyes.

"I know dad! But, I don't want to", she said as she settled down and handed the reports to her mom.

"Why do you bring this now?", She asked looking puzzled.

"Or why would you both call me here, mom.", she asked looking at her mom.

"We wanted to say you something. Personal.", Maya said.

"Go ahead mom. I'm all ears", Annika said looking at them both.

"Cancel today's meetings after seven", her dad told her.

"Why would I do that dad!", Annika asked him back.

"Because, Shivaay wanted to take you on a date and, he asked us to free up your schedule for tonight", her mom filled in.

Annika was shocked. She didn't think that he would do something nasty as this. Groaning internally, "Maa, that's impossible and, I've to visit the venue and look into the drill." She said raising her hands in the air.

"Your Mom can take care of that!"

"No dad, I'm not compromising with anything or anyone in that case. It's my first independent project and, I don't want you both to interfere", she said collecting the files.

"I understand, just one day. Try to do something beta, you are his fiancee and, he'd expect you to spend time with him. I'll tell him that you'd be there", her father said looking at her.

"Just do whatever you want dad! I AM NOT GOING", She said as she stromed out.

She wanted to cry. The fact that she skipped her lunch did no good to her. She had always felt left out when with her parents, but never took that to heart. She understood their situation well and never disturbed them.

But, they didn't even ask her if she ate or how she was doing and wanted some assistance. To them it was always Shivaay. He was the son they were not blessed with. That was the only reason she's working this hard. For once in her life, she should make her parents feel proud of her for what she is.

She will not let anyone overshadow her anymore. She will prove herself and this, was the perfect opportunity to it. She's not going to let this go, so easily. Making up her mind to not pay heed to these mundane things, she exited the building.

To be continued 🐾

To be continued 🐾

Spread Love 💙