13. O'bros

Shivaay went to his room after the lecture he got from his mom. When he entered, he found his bed already occupied by his brothers. Rudy was lying on his stomach, writing something seriously and Om was sketching some designs. The colors, papers, books and notebooks were all over and there were some on the floor too. In short, the room was a total mess. Shivaay hated these imperfections, he wants everything neat and perfect. If it was some other day he would have shouted and made them clean up, but he was so excited to meet Annika tomorrow that he didn't give a damn to these mundane things. He directly went in for a shower and decided to clean up himself.

Om and Rudra were flabbergasted at this weird behavior of Shivaay. When they saw him coming in, they were all prepared to get an earful and also were ready to clean up the mess they've created but, what came as a shock was that Shivaay silently went to shower and he came back and started cleaning himself.

"O! What is happening here?", Rudy asked rubbing his eyes.

"This is not so Shivaay like, something is definitely a miss", Om said adjusting his glasses.

"Bhaiya, did someone hit you?"

"Why would you ask that Rudy?", Shivaay asked sitting on the couch with his laptop and espresso.

"You are not shouting at us and... what's with clearing the room yourself?".

Oh.. it's nothing Rudy", Shivaay replied typing away something.

Rudra by now understood that Shivaay was not going to tell them anything, but wait.. isn't he Agent Rudy? He would get things out of his beloved Shivaay bhaiya in his own ways. Time for some serious action.

"Waise, bhaiya we were thinking about coming to your office with you tomorrow... What say?"

"Yeah... You ca... Wait! What??", Shivaay looked at him wide eyes and glanced at Om, who was looking at him with the same expression.

"Chill bhaiya! I was just asking, I'm taking a day off tomorrow and thought to join you", he replied casually, not letting the nervousness seep in.

Shivaay was not a fool to believe this, of all person he would least expect Rudra to come to office, and that too on a day he decided to take off. He shut his laptop and folded his hands behind his head and relaxed on the couch looking at Rudra.

"Care to explain Rudra, about the sudden interest in coming with me?", He looked down at him.

Om tried hard to control his laughter, the way the junior Oberoi landed himself in trouble was damn enjoyable.

"Oh bhaiya... Wo... Wo.. Kya? Haan! Kal ghar par koi nahi hoga na, isliye.. what would I do alone?", He tried not to stammer.

"Oh really, I don't think so Rudy, Om will be here, right Om?", He asked turning towards him.

Om gulped, he never wanted to land in this situation, either ways he was stuck.

"Wo... Shivaay I... I... I think I'll be out for a bit regarding the sketches Gauri was talking about earlier, we will be visiting the artist in Pune", he was so quick to come up with it. He wasn't lying, but was quite apprehensive about telling them that he was going with Gauri, because that brings a lot of teasings with it.

"Oh, really! That's great Om, take Ramesh with you and I will ask Khanna to keep up with you."

"Give me the details about the person you are meeting and I have to run a background check, also.. I think it's better to arrange the meeting here in Oberoi Mansion".

"Shivaay.... Please calm down... It's just a simple thing", Om said.

"Shivaay you very well know, I don't like these kind of things... I have my ways and we have talked about it a lot and please... Not again", Om sighed. How much ever he tried to make people around him understand that he doesn't want people to know about his Oberoi tag, they tend to get on his nerves every now and then.

"Why don't you just listen to me once?", Shivaay asked slightly irritated.

"Forget it Shivaay! You never understand... I'm going and this topic ends right here", Grabbing his phone and colors, he started making his way out.

Rudra was relieved that they had almost forgot about him, but he was worried of the tension building up. He was quick to act. He went and closed the door and stood against it crossing his arms.

"O... You will not go anywhere, we are sleeping here and that's it.", He said sternly.

"Rudy... DON'T.. Move away, will you?", Om was not angry but he was disappointed. He thought at least Shivaay would understand him.

"Bhaiya, please tell him not to go", he pleaded looking at Shivaay.

Shivaay knew better, he should never let go his brothers. They are his first priority, these simple things should not hold them back. He would give up everything for his brothers.

Sighing, Shivaay went up and held his hands and brought him in.
"Om.. I'm not used to your ways and it's just that I'm concerned about your well being.... I... I am sorry", he said looking into his eyes.

"I understand Shivaay, and I am sorry too. I shouldn't have walked out in the middle of something", Om said hugging him.

"Ooohh... O'bro moment, without me?
Not fair at all bhaiya", Rudy shouted and jumped on them.

"And... Shivaay, you owe an explanation for the strange behavior of yours", Om said once they parted away.

"Uh.. um.. good night guys, I have lots of work to do tomorrow and I have really sleep right now", he said lying down on the bed.

He don't want to hide things from his brothers, but he needs to keep away these 'Annika ki chamchis' off the radar for his own good. The other two laughed off and joined him soon after.

"Waise, bhaiya! We know you are going to meet Annika Didi tomorrow", Rudy said in a hushed tone.

Shivaay closed his eyes shut, he so knew this coming. He could hear them snickering, it would only become worse, if he replied. He ignored them till sleep took over. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

__________________________________________

To be continued 🐾

Spread Love 💙