15. The Change

"Mind, if I volunteer?", Came a voice.

Annika turned around to see Daksh waving at her. She smiled and walked to him and greeted with a quick hug.

"Daksh, it's so good to see you after so long", she beamed at him.

"Well, I can see that! No messages, no calls and you didn't even come to meet us", he went on.

"Ouh.. Are you angry? I'm sorry and it's just that I was busy". She felt really bad.

"First. I'm not angry and I understand. Uncle just told that you were very busy that you didn't meet Shivaay also".

"Thanks! And why are you here?", It's unlikely to find him in her dad's office.

"About that, I had a meeting with the HR department about our workers at the site", he replied looking at the others at the table.

"All went well? And it's good that people are coming in terms with us working together", Annika said as she remembered her father saying that Tej and Shakthi are coming to meet him tomorrow.

"All well and yeah it's good too. And won't you introduce me to your team?" He asked.

"Oh sure, and you weren't joking about being the chief guest, right?".

Annika found that as a perfect opportunity to ease out things between the Khuranas' and Oberois'. It's high time fighting for the best position. His presence would be of great help.

"Nope. I was just joking and invite Shivaay, he's being a brute since we came here. Going insane totally, it'd be refreshing."

"That he is", Annika muttered under her breath.

"Sorry.. you said something?"

"Nope. I thought it would be better if you be the guest, anyways Tej papa and Jhanvi ma will be there, so you see the more the interaction, the more sooner things will get back to normal", Annika said as a matter of fact.

"I get it. Using me for your benefits Ms. Trivedi?".

"Our benefits Mr. Khurana. I can help you with Nia. She's giving you a hard time it seems."

"I so know you knew it. And don't you dare say this to your Fiance, alright!", He warned her.

"Hey.. tone down, people in here doesn't know about my engagement and be my guest and the rest is done.", She ushered him.

"Look at the lady! Going all bossy. And yeah I'll come to the event just fill me in with the details, alright!", He told her.

"That's better Khurana and this is Karthik Sharma, our event adminstrator. You can contact him anytime". She said introducing him and the other team members as well.

So, it was decided that Daksh will be the chief guest. They went on feeding him with the event details till late in the noon.

"Annika! Let's go out for lunch, I'm hungry", Daksh asked looking at her expectantly.

"No Daksh, I'm not hungry and y'all can go. I'll have to sit down to complete this presentation", she said looking at him.

"Come-on Annika, please let's just get a quick bite", he tried again.

"Nope. We'll meet for lunch some other day and please excuse me now", she said and turned back to the screen.

Daksh shook his head and moved out. The others moved out with him.

*

It was almost seven in the evening when Annika came home, she was too tired and sleepy. All she wanted to do was to eat and hit the bed, but her siblings had other plans.