"Yeah, I mean. I thought that we could hang out now?"

Claire's eyes narrowed as Cami made a snorting sound.

"Why?" She asked simply.

His face contorted to one of confusion, "Why what?"

"Why do you want to hang out with me all of a sudden?" She asked, crossing her arms and tilting her head to the side.

Her hair fell freely down her back.

"Well... I just thought that after what you learned last Friday. That you could probably use a friend." He replied, being very cautious about what to say near Cami.

"Really?" Claire asked with her right eyebrow raised.

Trent sighed before glancing off to the side, "Plus, I think you're a pretty cool person." He mumbled while playing with the bottom of his letterman jacket.

Claire smirked before flipping her hair cockily.

"Yeah, I'm pretty amazing, not gonna lie." She stated, bringing a smile to Trent's face as he looked back up at her.

"Does that mean yes? We're friends now?" He asked giddily, almost as if his favorite candy was dangling in front of his face.

"Hold on there, cowboy. You haven't even taken me out to dinner yet." Claire said jokingly, holding her hand out in a "slow down" gesture.

"Done. We'll go to the movies this Saturday; I'm paying." He replied quickly with a giant grin.

Claire's eyes nearly bulged out of her skull like one of those old cartoon characters as she registered what just happened.

"Wait, I never said yes to the whole friends' thing!" Claire exclaimed with an incredulous gaze.

"You didn't say no." He replied simply.

Claire nodded slightly with a thoughtful expression, stroking an imaginary beard as she pretended to think long and hard about his response.

"Hmm. He's offering me free food and a movie..."

"Alright, pretty boy, you've got yourself a deal. But be warned, they don't call me the snack hole for nothing." She responded ominously with a smirk.

"No one calls you that," Cami stated with a roll of her eyes.

"Shh."

Trent smiled at the exchange, "Awesome." He said, taking Claire's pen and grabbing her hand softly.

His face was contorted into a focused expression with his tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth as he steadily dragged the pen along her palm, writing his phone number on there.

Claire couldn't help but take in every one of his features. His soft-looking brown hair was styled messily.

His dark brown eyes looked like pieces of chocolate in a swirl of caramel—his slightly tanned skin, likely from his outside football practices.

"Perfect. Text me your address, and I'll come to pick you up Saturday." He announced with a million-dollar smile as he let go of her hand.

Claire looked at her palm and found that the brunette had also added a heart and smiley face at the end of his number.

All Claire could do was nod like a robot that was low on batteries before Trent laughed lightly, shaking his head as he stood up and walked away.

Claire sat dumbfounded as she stared down at her now inked up palm.