0.5 || Welcome back party.

"I think you should see your old friends." Mal said, cutting out a bit over the phone.

"The person i want to actually see has a girlfriend." Putting a box on her bed she grabbed her phone and put it on speaker after taking it from her ear.

"And? What are they going to do, tell your friend they can't see you, when you haven't seen each other in over two years?" She heard from Daliah's end the sound of boxes moving and just scrolled on her phone.

"She could- i just want to get settled in and then maybe consider seeing her." Liah said softly and took clothes out of the box putting them in drawers.

"Oh it's a girl? That changes everything." The sound of excitement laced her words as she sat up from her bed.

"What, why?"

"You came out to me a month after we met. You lately talked about this one person who you were scared to see." She put everything together and her eyes widened and went to ask a question before Liah cut her off.

"Okay so? What's your point Mal." She rolled her eyes and continued to put her clothes away.

"How long did you date her." she came right out and asked her not hesitating.

"Bold of you to assume I ever dated her." She snickered and finished out the box setting it on the floor and  heard Mal groan being annoyed.

"Cut the shit, Liah, I'm serious." She rolled over onto her stomach and heard Liah stop moving.

"Like... almost a year. We were seventeen okay? She has her own life and I don't even know if I want to be a part of it like that anymore." running her hands through her hair she sat down next to her phone. She sat on the floor and put her head on the bed.

"My god. You can't always run away from love Daliah. I saw you do it here with everyone that liked you." She gave her the 'reassuring best friend' voice which helped Liah clear her mind a bit and calm down.

"I don't want to, I just told myself i'd try and date her again, but now i can't." She pouted and messed with her hands, starting to think about what if she also moved on in the last two years.

maybe things would be so different? maybe she would have just stayed in Maine?

"Put yourself out there then. What about Colson? Have him help you make her jealous that she's not with you." She said with a smile and laid back down scrolling on her phone.

"Cause that's evil, Mal. I'm not like you, who can do that with little to no effort."

"I want to see you happy okay? And Kissing the boy at homecoming does not count, before you say anything." She smiled, rolling her eyes remembering that night.

"Maybe not but it was an impulse decision made on an adrenaline rush, I wanted to feel something just once before I lost my mind." Liah corrected her and stared at the barren wall that had only plain paint and a light switch.

"Can you atleast try to do that with her? Please?" she made a pouty face that she made to get Liah to do something knowing she'd cave.

"I can't even see it but i can feel your little pouty face from across the states right now." She giggled a little and grabbed her phone holding it in-front of her.

"If you agree you won't have to subconsciously feel it anymore." She laughed silently and kept doing it till she agreed.

"Fine... just once though." She watched the call timer go up finally hitting the two hour marker and she smiled.

"Thank you, Liah. i'll let you pack now." She gave her phone a virtual kiss and hung up.

She turned her phone screen off and threw it on the floor pulling her legs to her chest. Liah just stared at the floor thinking what she could do or even if she really wanted to do it. Her head raced between every possible thing that could go wrong which only made her more scared to go through with it. Her phone buzzed and she groaned picking her phone up seeing another call come in.

"Hey!" He said almost immediately which made her jump. "I heard from a certain birdie that you are having girl trouble?" He said confused and looked at her through the screen

"Yeah? With Billie." She hesitantly said knowing their history together. She looked at him and sat him on the floor propping the phone up on her nightstand.

"Oh? You still hung up on her?" He furrowed his brows and looked at her who now had her head resting on her knees. "You knew she had a girlfriend, i told you when i found out."

"i know... i dont know why i feel so bad about it. She told me last week, i haven seen her. I haven't even answered her calls or texts. She wont get out of my head and i don't know what to do." She put her mouth to the side and watched him sigh in relief that he just wasn't the only one she hasn't responded too.

"I'm throwing you a welcome back party-" he said randomly which made her look confused.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Liah asked and she just kept the same position she was in which was really comfortable to her in the moment.

"Let me finish girlie." he smiled and sat his phone down. "I know her and her girlfriend go to this one general area every month so we'll go then okay?"

"Okay?" she drug the word out, kinda intrigued that he would go out of his way to do this for her.

"I have a friend that is up for doing stuff like this so it'll be perfect. You can get your girl back and i can stop having her girlfriend try to talk to me." he smiled and clapped his hands together which made her laugh. "Sound good?" he chuckled and watched her slowly start to have a real smile on her face.

"It sounds amazing. You're amazing."