"Yeah," answered Isaac as Stiles turned around.

"Right? Peter," he spit the name. "Homicidal killer? Remember? You guys want to give five hundred thousand dollars to him?"

Amelia stood up from the floor, looking at Stiles. "So... we should get Derek his money back. But not Peter?"

"I didn't say that, Ames..."

The girl frowned. "Stiles... what are you saying?"

They heard some banging and Isaac was quick to push the bag under the bed before the him and Scott stood up, looking towards the door.

Malia opened it, revealing Dahlia behind her.

"We found Satomi's pack," informed the werecoyote. "Dahlia, Derek and I. But they're dead."

Isaac opened his eyes. "All of them?"

"All the ones we found," talked Dahlia as he laid her arm against the frame of the door.

Amelia stepped forward.

"Then where's Derek?"

• • •

They were in the line for the SATs and Amelia kept looking at her phone.

DEREK (SOURWOLF)
I'm fine

Why does he have to be so mysterious all the time? What the hell was that supposed to mean? "I'm fine"? The guy found an entire pack of wolves dead and a whatever Braeden almost dead, and the only thing he can say to her is "I'm fine"?

Oh, she was going to kill him.

AMELIA
What do you mean by that?

She waited for a few seconds before her phone chimed again.

DEREK (SOURWOLF)
That I'm fine

"Oh God, I hate him," she whispered before typing again.

AMELIA
don't lie

DEREK (SOURWOLF)
I'm not lying. I'm fine

DEREK (SOURWOLF)
Go give you PSATs

DEREK (SOURWOLF)
happy face emoji

Amelia frowned before scoffing.

AMELIA
Did you just write happy face emoji
hoping that a happy face emoji
will appear?

DEREK (SOURWOLF) IS NOW OFFLINE

Amelia smiled to herself before placing her phone in her bag, looking at Stiles with a smile as the guy kissed her cheek.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked and Amelia laid her back on the lockers.

"She took it her freshmen year," replied Amelia, making Malia turn around to look at her.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" She asked abruptly, making Amelia chuckle a bit.

"Malia," called her Scott, "you studied harder for this than any of us."

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good."

Amelia raised her eyebrows before placing both of her hands on the girl's shoulders. "Well..."

"Well, what?" She asked the protector.