[ n i n e ]

n i n e
l a k e h o u s e

THEY WERE WAITING FOR SCOTT OUTSIDE THE LAKE HOUSE, IN FRONT OF STILES'S JEEP

"So..." Amelia started before turning around to look at Dahlia. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm helping Malia with the full moon," she replied, making the girl raise her eyebrows.

"Since when?" Her cousin turned around to look at her.

"Why do you care?"

Amelia shrugged. "I don't know, just found it strange that you're helping someone that isn't yourself, don't you think?"

And that's when Amelia opened her eyes, when she finally understood what was happening.

"You bonded!" Yelled Amelia, making the rest turn around abruptly. "That's why Malia couldn't bond with Lizzie! She was linked to you!"

"Stop it," snapped Dahlia at her cousin as she started to tickle her with her index fingers. "Amelia, stop it!"

"Look who finally bonded with someone!" Yelled Lizzie. "The baby is growing."

Dahlia rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna kill both of you!" Amelia and Lizzie chuckled. "And yes, we linked. So what?"

"Little Dahlia is a protector now," mocked her Amelia. "Look who is soft after all, you old softie."

The conversation go interrupted by Scott arriving, and that reminded Amelia why were they waiting outside in the first place.

The werewolf got off his bike and looked at the group, confused as Stiles stepped forward.

"I just talked to Kira. She's on her way. She said it's all going fine," he assured them.

"No, it's not that," cut him off Stiles. "We have to tell you something. I asked around about Liam. I know why he got kicked out of his last school," started telling Stiles as he took out his phone.

"This is going to be bad, isn't it?" Scott asked him and Amelia scoffed.

"Oh yeah..."

"He kind of got into it with one of his teachers," told Stiles. "And... the kid's got some serious anger issues."

"How serious?" Questioned Scott as Stiles showed him his phone.

"Well, that's his teacher's car," he showed him. "After he took a crowbar to it."

She had seen that picture. And the car was seriously wrecked.

• • •

They saw Liam enter the lake house with Kira.

The entire pack was standing in the middle of the living room with a set of chains on top of the table, and Amelia knew that might freak out Liam even more.