Chapter 11 - Madness Calls

Start from the beginning

We were ushered to our seat by a runner, but not before Jack and I shared a heated look.

He looked fantastic in a black suit, with a crisp white shirt open at the collar to show a hint of his muscular neck and chest.

As I sat, I fanned my face, strangely feeling my temperature rising to an uncontrolled level.

My body burned as though I had been tossed into a fire and my nipples pebbled and stung.

Holly stiffened beside me and grabbed my hand, eyes widening with urgency.

"You have to leave!" she insisted, fear creeping into her voice.

"What are you talking about? The Alpha would kill me!" I panted, trying in vain to get a hold of myself. My core ached to be touched and I felt faint with need.

"Charlie. You are hazing." Holly said flatly. "I'll speak with the Luna and let her know you had to go."

Flushing I shook my head.

No. I couldn't be. It had never happened before. I couldn't... I didn't have a wolf.

"Yes. Now, GO." Holly gave me a shove and I finally complied. I dare not look at anyone as I rushed from the room. Fully aware that Holly would not be the only one to notice.

And if the men noticed... I'd be in danger.

Haze is the moon goddess's tool to ensure blood lines continue. It is the wild, unstoppable desire that burns into a physical pain if not relieved. It is almost contagious, burning up and consuming every unmated wolf in its vicinity. It can be dangerous for an unmated female, driving inexperienced, unmated males wild and aggressive with desire.

I fled down the gravel path, the friction of each step driving me wild.

I could hear footsteps pounding behind me, but I dare not look back.

Darting into my cabin I slammed the door, locking it with shaky fingers.

I could hear growls and snarling outside. But they seemed to be retreating with disappointed whines.

A small knock and a familiar voice brought me back to the heat in my body.

"Charlie. Let me in."

Irresponsibly, I opened the door, locking it behind him and collapsing against it in a molten heap.

The tension between us was more electric than ever and he moved closer, eyes black with desire. "Let me help you with that..."

Jack was sexier than I had ever seen him, dressed smartly in his suit. His hair slightly windswept and a light shadow of stubble shading his jaw.

I somehow managed to shake my head. "No. It's just my haze. It doesn't have to be you." The words barely made sense, but my brain was struggling to cope with the sensations my body was going though.

The ache was building to a blinding level and I could feel a sob rising in my throat.

"So, you're saying you just need to be fucked, any guy will do?" The challenge in his voice was clear.

Hurt, I stayed quiet. The truth was... No other man would do.

When I didn't answer, he traced his fingers up my neck to cup my face, fingertips tightening in my hair. "You need the release. Let me help before it drives you mad."

My body burned with need. I bit my lip and nodded, not daring to speak.

** -- **    **--**    ** -- **     **--**    ** -- **    **--**

His mouth dipped to my collar bone and he softly sucked.

All at once, his lips were on mine. His large hands held my face as his hot tongue caressed my own.

Electricity shot through my body and I moaned into his mouth. His answering groan fuelled my confidence and I let my hands explore his body.

We had touched so many times. Our bodies having tangled and rolled together every evening for years. But this was incomparable.

Feeling the hard muscle beneath my hands was making my mouth water.

As he shifted to pull down my dress and palm my breast through my cream lacy bra. I felt the heated pool between my legs become ever wetter. He inhaled sharply, a frustrated growl vibrating through his strong chest.

He wasted no time in replacing his hand with his mouth, sucking wetly at my bra. He drew away, admiring the pebbled blush of my nipple under the now translucent fabric.

My body was on fire for him. I needed him inside me so badly I throbbed at my core. No one had ever made me feel this way before. He was driving me crazy.

"Jack. Please..." I moaned as he gave my other nipple the same treatment.

His eyes found mine as he bit gently at my nipple. The thin fabric barely dulling the sensation. "Good things come to those who wait" his sexy grin lasted only a second, before his mouth was occupied again.

My dress was pushed up and panties slid aside in a quick practiced motion that made me blush. He was clearly no novice.

As his fingers slipped inside my panties, we were both breathless. Our mouths again moving as one. I slid my hand to his crotch, where his huge erection strained against the fabric of his trousers.

The hard length of him quivered at my touch and I ached for him.

Quickly drawing back, he shook his head. A pained expression on his face. "No Charlie. This is your heat. Not mine. We ease it and leave it there."

Disappointed, I was about to argue when his fingers began stroking the soft wetness between my thighs. All the air seemed to leave my lungs as he slipped his fingers inside me, the heat in his eyes pulling me into their midnight depths.

Our bodies were barely a whisper apart, and still I found room to arch into the magic of his fingers. I shuddered and moaned as his thumb circled my clit and his fingers picked up speed, slipping in and out of me at a dizzying pace.

His free hand slid into my hair, holding me closer as fireworks exploded inside me, setting my blood alight to roar in my ears. Black spots blinded me, and my legs would have given way if I hadn't been pinned against the door.

It was the most passionate, intimate moment of my life.

We panted together as my vision cleared. He gently pulled his hand free, licking my wetness from his fingers without breaking eye contact.

His deep hum of approval was insanely sexy.

I glanced between our bodies noting that his arousal was still very much in need of attending to.

He winked at me, reaching down to rearrange himself. "I enjoyed that as much as you did. I'm going to call that one a draw."

I blushed furiously, grateful that the urgency of my desire had subsided to a mere throb.

I pulled my dress back into position, still half disappointed that he hadn't fucked me.

A knock at the door made us both freeze and Jack put a finger to his lips with a grin.

I bit my lip to hold in the giggle that was threatening to escape when the unmistakable voice of our Beta sounded from the other side.

"I'm not an idiot. Don't make me break the door down."