Happier

{This is inspired by 'Happier' by Ed Sheeran}

Walking down 29th and park

I saw you in another's arms

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

Harry had decided that it was enough to feel bad about himself, he was tired of what he had been doing to himself, to his life, working non-stop in an attempt to feel something, to feel something besides that hole in his chest and to keep you away from his mind.

He hated feeling that empty. He had even read about how to deal with broken hearts, it all leaded to give time the chance to heal, but time was not doing a great job with him.

He put on a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt, his hair a little mess but he was feeling better that day. It was Monday, the sun was shining bright, it was almost midday so he took his wallet, he would be eating lunch somewhere near his jogging route.

He took his air pods from the little table next to the door and his phone, playing his work-out list and warming up before starting his routine.

Forty-five minutes later he stopped jogging and rather started to walk, he had reached a nice park, much bigger than the one near his flat, trees standing tall and flowers moving along the wind, air fresh, tickling his nose. He let out a little laugh as he felt the tail of a little squirrel touch his leg, following the squirrel with his eyes, stopping in a couple standing not too far from him. Something looked familiar to him, so he got closer, careful so he wouldn't be seen.

It was you, you were in your uniform, looking as professional as always, hair in a high ponytail, you had gotten bangs that certainly suit you well. In front of you there was a tall man, not much older than you, handing you a white plastic bag with what he guessed was food. He felt his heart beating faster in his chest. Harry stood there, watching you chat with that guy and then you hugged him, and Harry couldn't help but notice how the man held you closer, his hand in your waist and his face with a huge smile, smelling your hair, Harry himself could still remember the smell your hair. He thought you would hate if a friend put their hand in your waist, but you smiled back at him, not a hint of discomfort in you, and the you kissed him on the cheek, closer than any friend would. Harry could feel his already broken heart breaking more.

It had only been a month and you looked so much better, happier.

Saw you walk inside a bar

He said something to make you laugh

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah you look happier, you do

After what he had seen in that park he had gotten himself busy outside New York, anywhere but New York but he eventually had to go back, it was the birthday party of one if his closest friends, he just couldn't miss it. But of course the moon, the stars and everything above had to let Harry see you again. This time you were in a nice blue dress. But it was the nice blue dress that Harry loved on you. It made your skin pop, your hair was loose in waves and he could almost feel how soft it was in between his fingers.

His legs shook a little and he stopped walking, you were not alone, there was a man next to you, the same man from weeks ago, he leaned to tell you something in your ear and you laughed.