[ s e v e n ]

Depuis le début

"Why did he do it?"

Amelia frowned a bit, trying to understand what he meant. Trying to understand what was he talking about.

"I don't think Stiles does anything without a reason," he continued talking. "He did it while he was battling for his mind against a dark spirit that wanted to kill him. So forgive me for saying this but maybe... he did it to protect you."

"Protect me? How? From what?"

"From himself." Amelia looked at him. "I've known Stiles for a long time to say for certain that all he ever does... is around you, Amelia. Because living around Amelia Sealgair, is the best way to live in general," he whispered the last. "Maybe, just maybe, in his own Stiles-hly way... he was keeping you safe."

Amelia raised her eyebrows. "I thought you'd be angry."

"Oh, I am." Amelia smiled a bit. "I am pissed. I actually want to throw this table through the window, aiming towards his room and preferably his head." Amelia chuckled. "But he loves you... everything he does, he does it for you. And... sometimes he makes mistakes, but I'm certain that Stiles can't make a mistake like that one. So, my advice is... before you make any decision, before you let that all that anger inside of you, ask him... ask him why did he do it."

Amelia stared at Derek for a few seconds before smiling, turning around slowly before stopping in her tracks, looking at him one more time.

"By the way... your young self?" He closed his eyes. "Horny ass..."

"Yeah, I kinda remember," he admitted. "I don't remember trying anything though."

"Oh, but you thought about it," she whispered. "You can't trick me, Derek Hale!"

Amelia smiled before she walked away from Derek's loft.

• • •

Amelia met Stiles and Scott at the reception of the hospital and both turned around to look at her.

"Look... I know what you're thinking..."

But she proceeded to hit them both on the head, making the groan a bit.

"You thought he was a werewolf? Really?" They both exhaled loudly. "Even after I told you he wasn't?"

"I know, I know," told Stiles softly, "but... remember when Isaac appeared as a werewolf and you had no idea? We thought it might be a similar occasion."

"The only occasion that's gonna happen is me kicking the freaking crap out of you in the parking lot so that after I leave you almost dead, you'll be near the hospital!" She exclaimed a whisper. "You know you've ruined all of my sister's chances of getting a date with the guy? Did you know that?"

Scott stammered. "I could put in a good word for her." Amelia opened her eyes widely.

"Right, because if the guy that breaks my leg tries hooking me up with someone, I'll definitely not find them as maniac as the guy that presented us," she said sarcastically. "You two... are grounded."

Stiles raised his eyebrows before smiling a bit. "Good grounded or—"

"Don't test me, Stilinski."

"Okay," he whispered softly. "Does that mean you don't want me to come over and study anymore?"

"Of course, I'm here to pick you up. What about you Scott?" Asked Amelia to the werewolf and he just exhaled.

"I want to check on him."

Stiles slowly nodded. "Hey, I don't need to say that wasn't your fault, right?" But Scott shook his head.

"I don't know."