Ch.1: Again

-Shuichi 1st person POV-

I woke up in a cold place, I instantly recognized it as a locker. I hear someone outside, I try to open the locker.

The locker makes a loud noise before finally opening, I fall to the floor. 'this is familiar' I think to myself. 

I look up to see "Kaede?!?" I yelled when I saw her. She was startled and looked at me confused. 

"Have we met before?" She questions, I look at her in shock. 'Didn't she die? how is she here?' 

I realize she is staring at me waiting for an answer as to how I knew her name. I try to think of a solution as I scramble to my feet.

"Umm yeah we have, but I guess you forgot. Uh My name is Shuichi Saihara, People say that I'm  the Ultimate Detective" I say kind of timidly. 

She nods and shakes my hand, Then happily introduces herself "I'm Kaede Akamatsu I'm the Ultimate Pianist!"

I nod, there's no mistake she is definitely Kaede 'But, How?'

I then realize we have been talking for too long. "Hey Kaede, Let's try to find a way out of this place." I tried to say it confidently so she wouldn't get suspicious but it sort of didn't. 

She looked at me for a second then she said "Yeah! let's try to find a way out!" 

She then turned around and headed for the door, I followed close behind. We finally made it to the gym after awhile. 

Once we got in, Rantaro said "2 more, that makes 16 in total" 

I look around and see everyone, It relieved me to see all my friends alive again.  But a question kept coming from the back of my mind 'How?'  This shouldn't be possible but yet here I am and here they are. All alive and breathing.

I scanned everyone in the room, they all looked the same as before. They also seemed to have the same attitudes and personalities. 

My eyes then spotted HIM. The short little lying grape gremlin. I didn't like him, He was probably going to do the same thing as last time. Maybe this time I can stop him from dying so meaninglessly. 

I was shaken out of my thoughts when I saw everyone looking at me expecting something. I realized they probably wanted me to introduce my self, so I did. 

" Oh I'm Shuichi Saihara" I said as I covered my face with my hat. 

Then as if on cue the Monokubs appeared and explained that they were in a killing game and stuff. 

I wasn't paying attention instead I looked around at everyone. Two people caught my eye. 'Kokichi when he heard the announcement looked scared? but it was only for a second, so maybe I imagined it' 

Tsumugi also gave a strange reaction, She smiled as if it was fun. Then when she saw me looking she looked terrified as if the killing game announcement was actually surprising and scary. 

However, I knew she was just pretending, ' all those years of cosplaying probably help her hide her true emotions' 

Then I noticed the others in panic, some were leaving and others were standing still but Kaede and Kaito were saying motivational stuff to try to calm the others down.

I noticed that the others had slowly started to leave to go to the dorms and other places that the Monokubs had talked about.

Even though, I already knew where everything was I decided to walk around as if it was my first time. I hope I blend in.

I didn't want the others to be suspicious of me, that is my biggest concern right now. 

After walking around and making small talk with the people I saw in the halls, I headed over to the kitchen as it was almost time for dinner.

Once I got inside I saw almost everyone there, and Kirumi was serving everyone food. 

I smiled, this reminded me of what it was like before the 1st kill. 

'I'm going to do my best to stop Kaede from killing Rantaro'  I decided.

At the meal I sat next to Kaede, she was happily talking to Rantaro about something.

I looked over at her and saw something surprising. 'is she blushing? she is talking to Rantaro, does she like him?'

I look over at Rantaro and see he is also slightly blushing, 'did they like each other before aswell?' 

Then, the door swings open wide as the smiling purple annoyance comes into the room. Once people saw that it was just him they went back to their own conversations.

I stared at him, 'what is he up to?' 

I decide it isn't important then I realize something, In the last game kokichi always distanced himself from others. Most people didn't like him because he was hard to understand, because you never know if what he is saying is true. 

If anyone could help me win the game without anyone dying it would be him, but 'How do I get him on my side?'

I think for a moment. 'I think he wanted to find the mastermind and end the killing game last time. So maybe if I tell him who the mastermind is and what happened last time me and him could come up with a plan.'

I am pushed out of my thoughts when I realize I'm the only one left in the kitchen besides Kirumi who is cleaning the table. I put my empty plate and cup in the sink, and thank Kirumi before heading to my room.

Once I went in I quickly but carefully removed all the cameras from my room and put them outside, as I was doing so Monokuma appeared. He looked upset, "What do you think you're doing upupuphu" he said clearly annoyed. "I am removing the cameras from my room" I reply then I continue by saying "In the handbook it says I can't break any school property, but it doesn't say anything about moving it. So I'm not breaking any rules" I looked at him smugly before continuing carrying the cameras to the warehouse where I knew they would probably stay for awahile. 

Monokuma had disappeared when he realized I wasn't breaking any rules.

I then headed back to my room, On the way I was thinking of a way to stop this killing game before it began, again.

(A/N) Author's Note: This is my first fanfiction, I have been writing it on paper for awhile so I have finally decided to share it I hope you guys enjoy. Also I'm fine with any suggestions you might have, they might get added into the story. 

A/n: I edited some parts of this on 8/22/2021 but this chapter was originally posted on January 19th 2021 just so you don't get confused. 

I didn't edit anything major I just realized for a part of the chapter it was in 3rd person instead of 1st and decided to fix that. So don't worry about it.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!