Chapter 24 ✔️

PoV Riccardo

A throbbing pain in my side woke me up. I briefly touched the aching spot. A bandage was wrapped tightly around my body. What the hell had happened? With my eyes still closed, I thought for a moment. Slowly I remembered the events that must have led to my current condition. I had gone to a friend's boxing club with some of my men. During the fight we were attacked. Then everything went black. Groaning, I sat up and opened my eyes. A white wall greeted me. The light was dimmed and a look out of the window confirmed my suspicion. It was in the middle of the night.

A beeping sound reached my ears and I looked to my right. Several monitors measuring my vital signs were there. Shaking my head, I removed the diodes from my chest. I did not have time for that. I needed to check that my men were okay.

"Lie back down," a female voice growled. I turned to the right to see who dared to give me orders. The long brown braid of hair lay over her left shoulder, her brown eyes looked at me wearily. The lenses of her glasses intensified the dark circles under her eyes. Stella. What the hell was she doing here and why wasn't she asleep? I ignored her words and swung both legs over the edge of the bed.

"I would not do that." Another growl, at that I heard the soft click of a gun. Puzzled, I looked up. She was not serious now, was she? I was staring directly into the barrel of a gun she was pointing at me. Fantastic. Once you put a gun in a woman's hand, she was about to shoot you.

"Listen cara, I need to check if everyone is fine." I used my puppy dog eyes on her, but as I feared, she was not impressed.

"Forget it, only you were stupid enough to get shot. Besides that, the doctor asked me to look after you. Apparently, it is a hobby of yours to reopen your wounds because you ignore medical orders."

Cazzo! What else did he tell her? And since when did she talk to me like that? Silently I glared at the brunette, but she did not budge. The gun was still pointed at me.

"Oh, come on. I need to pee. Or you let me go to the bathroom or I will wet the bed." I paused for a second. "Then you will have to clean the sheets." This should convince her.

"Would not be the first time. I have got a young child, remember? Accidents happen." Oh, this devilish woman. Fine, she asked for it. I would make sure that this diabolical grin disappeared from her face.

"Well, you would have to wash me too. But maybe that is exactly what you want, to touch me everywhere." Seductively I winked at her. She had the audacity to imitate a gagging noise. Then she put the gun on the small table in front of her. It was only now, that I noticed the book on top of it. She must have spent a lot of time here. Fuck, I hoped this did not mean that she cared for me. It would complicate our situation. My father would show up sooner or later.

"Looks like you have made yourself quite comfortable here." I pointed at the book. "How long have I been unconscious?"

"For two days." She tried to stifle a yawn when she walked over to me. I stood up and went to the toilet. She followed me but waited outside and remained silent. Two days. Cazzo! I needed to get back to work. First, I had to get rid of Stella. Perhaps I could convince her that I would behave.

"You can go back to your room now and get some sleep. I will take some more rest myself," I told her while I cleaned my hands.

"Nice try." She yawned from the other side of the door. "As soon as I leave the room, you will sneak back into your office and get back to work."

Smirking I left the small bathroom and headed back to the bed. Again, the brunette followed me.

Obediently, I lay back down and grinned as I noticed her putting the blanket over me. Quick as a flash I grabbed her wrists and pulled her to me.