Part 21: A Party And A Kiss

She arrived at the borrow promptly after changing into a nicer attire and doing her hair and makeup. In the back of her mind- she continued to scold herself for not just staying home or forcing Draco to come with her.

The moment she aparated onto the property- everyone took notice of this. No one spoke for a long time. No one moved.

Until Molly Weasley come from the fray to her.

"How are you, Dear?" Molly give her a hug and kisses her cheek. The older woman wraps her arms around the girl and squeezes her tight before whispering in her ear. "Don't you let him get to you tonight. Just have fun."

Nodding, Molly pulls back and Arthur comes up and does the same- giving the girl a squeezing hug and peck on the cheek. The party resumes and Ginny, Harry and their friends all seem to be enjoying each other's company and trying to keep Hermione's mind from wandering off.

Everything seemed to be fine until Ron showed up holding the hand of a brunette girl with brown eyes and a slutty attire.

Pfff, nice to know he has a type...not that I'm slutty...but...you know.

Hermione thinks to herself.

Seems they used magic to heal his arm and wounds...to bad. I wanted him to hurt for a while.

"Hey, Chaps. I want you to meet my girlfriend- Vanessa." He loudly says to the group- hoping to annoy the piss out of Hermione. Everyone tries to cordially say hello- but to no avail- it comes off exactly how it sounds: annoyed. "Vanessa- these are my friends. Harry- you know. Ginny- my sister. Neville, Luna, and Hermione."

Her eyes widen at the sight of Hermione- who in comparison- is obviously the prettier of the two.

"Hello." She says and everyone awkwardly raises their hand in acknowledgment.

As the party continues, Hermione does her best to avoid being near Ron. He has not only pissed off a lot of his friends and family- but even Vanessa seems less than impressed with everyone.

"Alright. Everyone- it's almost midnight." Arthur calls and everyone is excited.

"I'm going to go to the Lou. I'll be back." Hermione says to Ginny and Harry- who are curled up on the couch.

"Okay don't be long. Or you'll miss the show."

Every New Years Eve- the wizarding world enters the new year with special fireworks that dance across the sky. It's always been Hermione's favorite part of the night.

Walking into the bathroom, she shuts the door and leans against the sink. The new bathroom is a definite upgrade from the one that burned in the fire. In fact the whole house is an upgrade. Less wacky and slender and just a bit more spacious. Looking in the mirror, she hears something odd. Turning around the noise seems louder as she approaches the other door and as she opens it up- she finds Ron fucking Vanessa from behind in the water closet. When she sees this- she stays neutral and is unimpressed that they didn't even stop. They just kept going and staring at her intently.

No doubt in Hermione's mind- they wanted to be caught.

And they had been.

Walking out of the Loo, she sits back down on the couch and wishes she would have brought Draco.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks and Hermione looks up at him briefly and then looks back at her drink she picked up from the table.

"Oh just Ron fucking Vanessa in the water closet." She says and everyone looks at her. "Disgusting pig he is just kept going."