Chapter 6: From Servant to Master

Hey guys, I'm back again with another chapter of Fate/Burning Will. The funny thing about this chapter is that I had my own plans for it, but after talking to my friend who has been helping me with this story (the same one I mentioned in Chapter 4), that plan completely changed and I ended up with this. Hope you guys enjoy it.

--------------------------------------

Flames crackled through the entirety of the forest some ways off of the main road that led to the church. Meanwhile, Natsu, Saber, Rin, and Illya were at the nearby cemetery, the latter three staring at the scene before them.

It wasn't every day that a Master could fight a Servant and come out on top. And yet, Natsu didn't look satisfied.

"Man, that sucks," he complained, "I couldn't even draw out half of that mode's power."

As if they weren't in awe already, Rin and Saber were even more surprised to hear that despite his showcase of power, Natsu's Fire Dragon King Mode was only at less than half of its original strength. This had to be some kind of joke. If someone like this was in the War, it was practically over for everyone else.

"You're kidding me..." Rin muttered in utter stupor, "That was less than half?"

"Does your strength know no bounds, Natsu?" Saber wondered aloud.

However, the moment was interrupted by movement coming from where Berserker had ended up after Natsu's attack. His burns began to disappear and his flesh wounds closed up. All it took was a few moments for the mad Servant to be back on his feet as if nothing had happened.

"Are you kidding me?!" Natsu questioned, shocked at Berserker's potent regeneration. The Servant prepared to attack again, before...

"That's enough, Berserker," Illya called out, causing the Servant to stop where he was. She didn't even need a Command Seal to do so. Berserker was simply that loyal to her, "We're leaving for today."

"Huh? You're running?" Natsu asked.

"That's right," Illya replied, "You've interested me. I didn't expect for you to take off three of Berserker's lives."

"What do you mean by 'lives?'"

"You'll find out eventually, since we'll play again sometime."

"You've got a weird definition of 'play,' you know."

Illya ignored Natsu's last comment, bowing in a polite manner before getting on Berserker's shoulder as the two began to leave the area. All she did as the giant Servant turned around to leave was wave at the group.

"Bye-bye," she said as they left. With that, they were gone.

The group of three watched as they left, with Saber's wounds beginning to heal naturally as a result of the magic Natsu provided her with. Rin soon met up with the two, now that Illya and Berserker had left.

"So you meant it," Rin commented to Natsu, "When you said to Kirei that you'd win without killing any Masters, you really meant it, huh?"

"Of course," Natsu replied, "No one has to die if I can help it."

"Other Masters may be fighting each other as well. What about them?"

Natsu shrugged, "Well, guess Saber and I will just have to get to them first."

"Is that so?"

Natsu nodded before beginning to walk off, which Saber questioned.

"Are we leaving, Natsu?"