"I don't really see the point of accompanying him though."

Safwa sighed leaning on her pillows while playing with the end of her hair strand. Bisma had called her to tell her about the invitation they had gotten from a friend of Atif's who had invited them both to a dinner he had arranged for them as a congrats on their marriage.

"It's a congratulatory dinner, Phupho. And as far as I remember the only thing you two are getting congrats for is your wedding."

"Don't be sassy with me."

"I'm just trying to tell you the way it is."

"Which means I'll have to go."

"Certainly."

Bisma's disappointed sigh made Safwa giggle.

"Stop being like this. You really should start hanging out more with people your age. Make an oldie brunch group I suggest."

"I do have friends. It's just that Atif's friend isn't hosting it in Karachi. This will make it as a two-three day trip."

"You have told me this already. I'm reassuring you again I'll take care of the office. "

"I have full belief that you will it's just..."

"Just?"

"I won't get to see you for three days straight and well, I'm not habitual to this."

A smile found its way on Safwa's face. She wasn't the only one who was missing it. But this was the reality now. Bisma was the happiest these days Safwa had ever seen her. It was time for her to stop caring for everything for a while and just focus on herself and this new relation with the old bonding and feelings.

"Don't be sappy, Phupho. You're going there with Atif Uncle and that's it. And for any consolation, I can always facetime you. What's say?"

"Yeah, it's not a bad idea."

The hint of disappointment in Bisma's voice was matching the emptiness Safwa was feeling for days. The two always had each other. They never really needed more. Never demanded for more. But now they were realizing that things had to change and they were changing. For the better in the long run. They'd always have each other but right now, priorities had to be changed.

But they'll always have each other.

That was a promise.

_________

"Do you want me to add more points or are these enough?"

Hesham's focused on the laptop screen gaze didn't falter. He just smiled still looking.

"You're the boss, Hejab. Stop being humble about it."

"Well, being mellow never hurts anyone."

"But when you're good you should be loud about it."

"It's me we are talking about, not you."

Hesham leaned into the sofa finally satisfied that their semester end project was coming out pretty good. There were no ways it wouldn't. He and Hejab were a good team.