2: Goner

All rights to Shondaland. I just want to practice writing. Also I know that Arizona wasn't at Seattle grace when Addison was there, but in this story she is and they've been best friends for years. Addisons relationship with Callie is one of my favourites so I thought she'd love Arizona as well!

Goner- 21 Pilots.

Addison's POV

Rounds took it out of me. It's exhausting going through the motions with each patient at 5 in the morning. I closed the final patients door and walked into the nearest on call room, slipping my feet out of my Louboutins as soon as my butt connected with a lumpy mattress.

"Dr Montgomery?"

"Shit! Grey! I forgot you were there! Make some noise if you're going to follow me will you!"

She looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry Dr Montgomery. Is there anything you'd like me to do before I check on Mrs Swift?"

Meredith had this anxious look on her face. A look that told me if she didn't sit down she'd pass out from the worry of impressing me.

"No Grey don't worry. I'm not going to run you into the ground. You look shattered! Here pass me her chart, I'll get Karev to do a work up."

Relief flooded her features as she handed over heavy chart. It was then that something caught my eye. A red line. A very angry red line. On the inside of Dr Greys wrist was a cut. A eerily straight cut. A cut done by a precise surgeon like Dr Grey herself.

I feel bile in my throat. She's what? 25? 27? She's a baby! No child should have marks like that on their skin. Especially not someone like Meredith. Someone who the universe has fucked more times than I can count unfortunately. I took the chart and she quickly snatched her hand back into her sleeve, catching the cut on the edge of the folder that had only just made contact with my hand.

"Okay. Thankyou Dr Montgomery. I will go to the locker room in that case, but page me if you need anything at all!"

She's scurrying again. She has a habit of that.

"Grey. Sit down! You don't look like you'll make it to the intern room without falling asleep! Here... come here."

I feel some sort of maternal instinct for the girl who's 10 years younger than me. A girl who evidently longs for some nurturing. She collapses on the adjacent mattress. Her sleeve rises again, this time displaying three perfectly parallel cuts. The precision, the control makes me sick. What am I supposed to do? She isn't my responsibility. I should page Bailey. But I know Bailey will come down on her all guns blazing. And Derek will break. He cares so much I can see it. He wouldn't have a clear enough head to help her. Dr Yang seems to be allergic to emotion, and I can't remember the names of the other interns. That leaves me.

"Dr Grey?" There's a warning tone to my voice. One you'd use on a scared animal. That's the metaphor I'd use to describe her eyes as I make my way over to her bed as well.

"What do you need Montgomery?"

No point beating around the bush, is there.

"Dr Grey there appears to be a wound on your wrist."

She inhales the sharpest breath I've ever heard and my palm reaches her back to offer some sort of comfort. She brings both hands to her chest, and pulls up her knees. A position I've seen many times in peds with traumatised children. She's scared. She's ready to fight.

"As your attending, it's my duty to look after your well-being. If you have an injury I'll need to see to it."

"Dr Montgomery..."