"Well, I didn't really do anything. My parents just argued, my sister and I stayed in our rooms but on New Year's Eve we watched the ball drop together as our parents argued so I say it's a win-win situation." Sam said, moving her ginger locks out of her face.

"Girls!" Coach called before anyone else could speak. They turned to face her, "We're heading outside so leave anything that's not waterproof inside, please. I will not be responsible for a soaked phone, shoes, or anything." She explained.

Toni slipped her phone out of her pocket, shooting a text to Cheryl before placing it in her bag.

******

"Who is it?" Betty asked when Cheryl's phone went off. She picked it up and smiled at the contact.

My❤️ in human form[9:45 AM]: Just wanted to let you know that my phone is inside my bag since we're practicing outside. Love you😘

"It's Toni. She was just telling me that she won't have her phone on her." Cheryl said, placing her phone back down.

Betty saw the contact name and smiled, "Aww, that's so cute." She cooed, picking up her cousins phone.

Cheryl shrugged, "Well, she is my heart in human form."

"You still haven't told me how the trip went. And we didn't talk over the rest of the break, and that was 2 weeks." Betty tilted her head.

"Well...I had a lot of fun, pretty sure Toni had more fun than me." She chuckled, "We went to the beach, ate ice cream, we had a big pool in the back so we hung out there for the whole day. Oh yeah, I also saw Heather." She finished.

"You did?!" She gasped, "What did she say?" The blonde asked, eating some more frozen yogurt.

"She was calm and kind." Cheryl shrugged, "She talked to me as if she didn't treat me like trash a few years ago."

Betty shook her head, "She's definitely insane." The blonde said making her cousin laugh. "You can say that again." Cheryl chuckled.

Meanwhile, on the wet, soggy field, Toni passed the ball to Lia.

"Good pass, Topaz!" The coach yelled as Lia made the goal. "Yes!" Toni grinned, giving her teammate a high five.

"Good pass, T." Emily said, patting Toni's damp back. "Thanks." She smiled before going to her position.

When Coach Nancy blew the whistle, Toni was off with the ball. "T, over here!" Ashley waved her hands since she was open to receive the ball.

When Toni kicked it, she slipped causing a pain to shoot up her leg and stop at her ankle. "Topaz!" Coach yelled as everyone rushed over to the clearly hurt girl.

Her best friend leans over her, "T, where does it hurt?" She asked as Toni groaned. Toni grabbed her ankle, "Fuck." She whimpered as she sat up.

"Looks like it's twisted," Ashley said. "What? No, it can't be twisted! we have a game Thursday." Toni shook her head, trying to stand up but failed as her foot gave out. "Dammit!" She cried, sitting back down.

"Sorry, Topaz. But your benched for this game." Coach Nancy sighed. "But coach, it was your idea to play out here in the first place!" The brunette groaned.

"And I take that as a fault. Sorry, Topaz, but I can't have you playing with a sprung ankle. If it's better before Thursday then you can play." She sighed, patting Toni's back as she stood up.

Toni nodded in understanding, letting her teammates help her up, "Thanks, guys." She sighed.

They walked her to the nurse while Emily went to get Toni's stuff from the gym.